August 22, 2010

OCD

I do have minor OCD(Obsessive compulsive disorder) *laughs*

It is an anxiety disorder through repetitive behaviours or by a combination of obsessions and compulsions. My symptoms include:

-repetitive hand-washing( I have no idea why but every other time I would feel my hands are dirty and will wash it LOL)
-nervous habits (such as constant checking to see my car is locked, my phone and purse are with me, my house door is locked and so on)
- making sure my table and racks are organised ( I would feel totally irritated if they are messy)
- Inability to discard certain things although I have not used it for years because "it may be needed some time"

and perhaps some others that I may not be aware of...

Okay, I mean my OCD symptoms are not that bad...It is still acceptable. I'm sure many of you have a little of those symptoms. Last time I used to wonder why do I get very irritated when someone comes in and messes my room or touches my things without my permission and that I always wash my hands until my grandma labelled me as 'The Washing Hand Princess'- seriously *laughs* Now I know that it's sypmtoms of OCD. I discovered it a few years back when I heard David Beckham had OCD and a magazine ran an article on that. So I read it and I thought, 'Hey, I do have a few of that symptoms too' so I checked out what is OCD.




David suffers from OCD and it manifests itself through constant cleanliness and perfection of all that is around him. Everything must be in pairs, if there are three books on a table one must be added, or one must be removed.




Cameron Diaz too suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder, and has publicly admitted she habitually rubs doorknobs so hard before opening doors to clean them that the original paint on the doorknobs fades afterwards. She says, she washes her hands "many times" each day and uses her elbows to push open doors.



Leonardo Di Carpio, the 'Titanic' star says he has to force himself not to step on every chewing gum stain when walking along and fight urges to walk through a doorway several times, because he doesn't want his condition taking over his life.

So these Holloywood heavyweights have their own OCD problems too...It is quite a common disease among people. OCD affects literally millions of people in the world. Thus, if you have OCD you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment