June 22, 2021

Turning the big 3-0

 I had so many plans for my big 3-0 hahaha...I knew what I wanted to do, what I wanted to eat, where I wanted to go etc But...well, as life had it, MCO had to happen the week of my birthday >.< #pasrah

In fact my husband had planned for everything but everything had to be postponed until after FMCO and had to bring certain plans to celebrate in our house haha Nevertheless, I think I had a very wonderful celebration. I also think that people got very creative during quarantine and the amount of deliveries received on that day made my heart really full and appreciative of all my loved ones in my life <3

Firstly, the day before my birthday, my best friend colluded with my husband and surprised me with an awesome fulfilling dinner! I guess I had ONE day of self indulgence and then after that, it's about clean and healthy eating LOL

All these for 2 pax! Does she think I am living with a kampung of people in my house? Jk hahaha All these from Curious Kitchen, Tropicana Avenue. The tacos were good, the pasta had huge prawns and..

..these ribs though had me salivating til today...so flavourful, so soft it comes off the bones and was the highlight of the night.

As if those weren't enough, she also delivered Piccoli Lotti's gelato in two flavours to my house!Mint is my all time favourite. Pistachio tasted like the one in llao llao which is my favourite flavour there. Both were really good. Thanks my love <3

At midnight, my husband brought out a cake for me to blow out candles!

And surprised me with a HUGE bouquet of the prettiest flowers! Yes, he hid it in one of the rooms which he knew I would not open when I went to work that day. And only brought it out during midnight.

And also as if that was not enough, I woke up the next day for a treasure hunt in my house where he hid thirty small bouquets of flowers for me to find. I didn't even know my house had so many hidden compartments lol
I found em' all!! What a crazy day!

Lunch was from my favourite Sri Lankan restaurant, Aliyaa!

I love love love their crabs!
Yup, it came with the claypot.

So huge, so juicy, so flavourful and spicy. My type of flavour. So yums! I finished it all by myself because my husband doesn't eat seafood lol

Surprise delivery from an ex-colleague from the popular Eat Cake Today's popcorn cake.
Shared these with my in-laws. Surprisingly not as sweet as it looks. No wonder it's popular.

Another surprise delivery from my friends. The amount of cakes I ate this year is quite unbelievable hehehe
Shared this with my family because I only live with my husband and we would have gotten diabetes on my birthday hahahha

Next day lunch by my mummy. Again, my favourite crabs hahaha...Okay, no more crabs for the next 3 months >.<

More food and cake!!

Tarts from Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart from colleagues.
Wahh I didn't know Hokkaido has so many new flavours. 

Chocolate crepe from Salon Du Chocolate.
Another surprise delivery from SIL! Waa so much desserts! This was luckily not too sweet and we loved it plus there was a chocolate shot that came with it. I was drowning in a sweet heaven.

Okay maybe it wasn't a day of indulgence, it was more of like days of indulgence LMAO. Cheat days cheat days. Well, you only turn 3-0 once right? And since it's MCO, there's really nothing much to do other than eat HAHAH

Felt really grateful with all the thoughtfulness. It brightened up my birthday during MCO. What did I do to deserve such nice people in my life <3

So, turning 3-0 has impacted me in the health department. I realised I'm definitely more health conscious now. For every unhealthy food I eat, there should be an accompaniment of a salad bowl, or a superfood bowl the next day or eating clean after that. I mean prevention is definitely better than cure right? Why not start now I thought. After a month of healthier eating, I realised improvement that I don't feel so bloated, I didn't gain weight like previous MCOs and I felt more energetic. So that's why I thought of continuing the lifestyle and try not to relapse. I'm just afraid that after FMCO when restaurants open, I will relapse and start the unhealthy habits haha.. We'll see.

In terms of achievement, of course everyone can do better. But I must say I did what I wanted to do before 30. Could I have done more? Definitely! But had I achieve what I intended to achieve? Yes! I also think I've probably reached that stage of life where I no longer need the approval from people. I'm comfortable doing my own things, comfortable eating alone in restaurants, comfortable having fewer groups of friends and just taking others' opinions with a tinge of salt and move on with life. I realised I'm not so much affected with negative opinions these days and start to listen more of me and what I want. All those white noises out there don't really get to me anymore. People are going to have their own opinions anyway so I do me and you do you hehe

My wish is that I just want to see more of the world. There's so much of this world I have yet to experience. I want to go out there when all these pandemic is behind us and just want to experience- the good, the bad, the unknown and everything in between. I want to know more of what is beyond the four walls of my home which I'm spending wayy too much time in. Hopefully, that can happen in the nearest future xx

No comments:

Post a Comment