December 24, 2019

Closing in on year 2019

2019 has been THE year for me.
It's the year I got married and threw my wedding luncheon.
It's the year I shifted into our new home and for the first time ever stayed away from my family.
It's the year I properly became a wife and had to do wife things like cooking, cleaning etc
It's the year I had to improve my culinary skills.
It's the year I went for my honeymoon.
It's also the year that I'm going for a second honeymoon *laughs*

So let's recap this year.

I finally moved into my new home. Read my renovation story. Settling in was a mixed feeling. Initially, I thought I would hire cleaners to clean my house on a weekly basis but suddenly realised that I had to follow their schedule and supervise them. I might as well do it by myself with the help of my husband and my 2 Dysons hehe So we upkeep the house ourselves and I'm kinda OCD that I need my house to be in proper all the time. Quite tiring but also satisfied to be able to keep something clean by yourself.

And then I had a few bachelorette parties and finally got married! Super thankful that I had friends to keep me calm before the wedding and since I'm such an early planner, I wasn't last minute and getting panicky about anything. I must say everything went smoothly, thank God! The vast difference of being in a relationship and being married is definitely the living in part. We have our differences but luckily my husband is the more patient and more adaptable one. So far, we think that having our own independence and being able to just hang out together in our home has been quite fun =)

Then came my birthday. My first as a wife. Had many surprises and definitely over ate cakes so my cake quota was over the limit in the month of May haha I have just one more year next year before I turn the big 3-0 so gotta live life to the fullest while I'm still in my 20s hehe

In terms of travelling, in the first half of the year, didn't do any travelling overseas because I was busy preparing for the wedding. But I slept in a different hotel every other week for my bachelorette so I still felt a bit adventurous *laughs* Second half of the year, travelled within Malaysia a bit from Johor, to Ipoh to Penang. Then, we went for our honeymoon to Maldives. I think this year I stayed in hotel rooms the most. And now, we are going for the second one to Europe woo-hoo! So excited for this trip.

I think we achieved quite a bit this year. I really don't want my 2019 to end so fast as I'm enjoying it quite a bit haha...I hope year 2020 would be equally as fun and I hope next year will be as adventurous =)

No comments:

Post a Comment