November 5, 2020

Best online takeaway/delivery desserts

 Since it is CMCO(again!), I've been wanting to go out for desserts/cafe hopping but reluctant to do so as well. Want to go to shopping complexes but worry about the increase of Covid cases in the malls. #firstworldproblems So, decided to stay home, browse for desserts and have them delivered! YAY! This is called supporting local businesses and making our tummies happy which in turn is good for mental health also #excusesforeatingdesserts

And so my hunt for desserts started LOL These are some compilation of my dessert hunts. Some were eaten after MCO and before CMCO was in place but these restaurants have delivery services so you can do takeaway/pickup/delivery.

1. Gookeey

I saw them from my friend's insta and then I started stalking their insta. They have 5 different flavoured cookies and a box of 4 costs RM35. Not cheap but the baker was very nice to accommodate to my last minute bulk order (not like some which I have communicated. If you're rude, I won't even bother ordering eventhough you have rave reviews). She even gave me some discounts and delivered right to my doorstep within the night itself although I ordered from her in the late afternoon.

Her cookies are not very sweet. It was more salty-ish in my opinion and I love the variety of flavour rather than the normal chocolate chip cookies. I was actually looking for those soft Subway cookies and that's how I stumbled upon Gookeey.

Triple chocolate

Pandan with salted gula melaka filling

Miso white chocolate macadamia

Red Velvet

=)

2. Ground Coffee, Uptown

If you're looking for more sweeter cookies, I would recommend Ground's Brookies. Oh so yummy! The right amount of sweetness with sea salt flakes on top #perfectcombo

Soft, chewy and delicious and for RM5 it's quite reasonably priced. It is named Brookies because it's a brownie dough with cookie texture? Something like that haha...I ate one and took away 3 after that!

3. Le Trianon Cake

Their best seller is this- Trianon cake

It's a chocolate cake but with 3 awesome layers. First is a dust of dark chocolate, second is a mouse layer with some crunchy layer below like Ferrero Rocher and a soft cake base. Best.Chocolate.Cake.Ever. Not too sweet and a combo of mouse and crunch cake. Yummylicious. Not cheap though, I bought mine in Quarter size which costs RM 108. They only do deliveries during CMCO. If you're a fan of chocolate cake but don't want it too sweet, this is a must-try.

4. Oh Cha Matcha

If you're a matcha fan like me, this place is a must-try. No artificial syrup and it is dairy free. Awesome!! I'm allergic to milk so I'm a fan! 

Left- Matcha with blue spirulina and sweet potato. Right-Watermelon matcha.
Both were good. So good that we had a second visit hehe

This time matcha with pandan and lemon grass and watermelon matcha again.

Love that the cup is takeaway friendly and is reusable. Must-try matcha place.

5. Gong Cha

Another place for takeaway/delivery is Gong Cha. I think the hype for bubble tea is over but with Gong Cha's constant innovation, it's what keeps them alive in this beverage market. I'm a huge fan of this one drink:

The taro smoothie. Their taro milk tea is also good. Anything with taro by them is yummers! On a hot day and this is delivered to you, it's such a refreshing drink. Although I'm allergic to milk, this is an exception to me haha will share with my husband so a few sips won't do me much harm, right? >.<

6. McDonalds

Okay, I know McD has been the go-to ever since MCO happened. Gosh, their drive thrus and their takeaway lines are massive! And then they introduced this new sea salt McFlurry. The lines became even longer =.= but we still lined at drive thru just to taste the hype hehe

Verdict? OMG, another must try! I heard some said were bad though but I guess depends on your taste buds. I generally like salty sweet stuff and this had some added crunchiness with it so I love the texture. Plus, the colour is so pretty!

7. Instea

I came across this new beverage shop and decided to take away. Turns out, it was really good and refreshing. I bought for a few for my friends and they all love it. If you buy 2, you get a bag to takeaway.

Mine is the butterfly pea tea. It is sparkly!


The milk based I heard were really good as well. 

8. The Teddy Cafe and Restaurant

I had this before CMCO so we got to take beautiful piccies. They do grab deliveries but I don't know how these will ended up being delivered in one piece LOL But I got attracted to its cuteness and it went on my must-try list.

You cannot go wrong with desserts anyway so it's not only cute but it's edibly good hehe.

Super cute drinkss <3

That's some of my recommendations during CMCO. Any desserts to recommend back at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment