January 31, 2019

Jan 2019 cooking adventure

I guess I just couldn't keep up with my dieting. Food is still my number one weakness sadly. First month of resolution fail LOL. I think I have more food posts this month. And CNY is coming so I think I'll stop weighing myself for the time being >.<

Some of these posts are a little late actually HAHA Had some of these during Christmas but December's post was already a long post so I shifted some here.

Apparently a viral video on Kay's steak and lobster came about in FB and so we went to check it out what's so special. Afterall, it's only in Subang. To my surprise, people were lining up!

The steak was good.

But the ribs were even better. Loved the BBQ sauce! Would definitely recommend this. It was a blessing in disguise that the lobsters ran out that day and I had no choice but to take the ribs. It was really good.

Finally, managed to go to Pavillion to see Mickey Mouse!

Wahhh...so many mickey mouses!
Quite nice also Pavillion's deco like Singapore's disney themed.

Fin, Publika! Love that it's the cheapest poke bowl in town.

Tried Uncle Vincent's in Kota Kemuning from a recommendation.
The broth was sweet and tasty!

Went up to Genting for a day trip and managed to catch...
Pikachu!!

OMG they were so cute dancing on stage.

And even managed to try Burgers and Lobsters <3 Like finally!!
We even queued for it but it wasn't long so still manageable.

My chilli lobsters!!!

Oh my, this was so good, I was in a lobster comma after that.

The meat was huge, juicy and fresh!

The burger which was meaty but the lobster was wayy better.

Spent NYE in an Indian restaurant haha...out of the ordinary.
Passage Thru India, Damansara.

Mutton.

Butter chicken. This was good and recommended.

Briyani but too watery and salty.

Lollipop chicken was the best. I still think Big Singh Chapati serves the best Indian food though haha

NYE at The Joke Factory listening to Harith Iskandar's joke hehe

Beer with ice cream. Good combo!

Berry ice shavings at My Kori, Kota Kemuning.

Lou Sang at Copper Mansion, Petaling Jaya.

Dao, Subang SS5.
Heard about this soya dessert shop but only now trying it. The ice shavings soya with tau foo fah below was really good and refreshing. Will definitely re-visit.

Was at Semenyih during one of the weekends and managed to re-visit our last time dating place.

Broga mala pan mee! I think last time used to taste better though.

Saw in google that a new cafe called 'Nice To Meet You' opened. They served quite good food like this mantou butter pork chop. 

And this mango smoothie was delish too. If only they had this last time. But we would have been too poor to afford food like this >.<

Ippudo finally opened in Sunway Pyramid! Somewhere closer to home yay!

We had the Karaka-Men spicy level number 3. Woo-hoo! Looks can be deceiving.

This is what it looks like after mixing all those chilli underneath. Spicy but super yummy. My favourite one to date.

Hojun Shoyu.
The chicken broth one was a bit plain for me but luckily they had chilli powder on each table so I kinda poured quite a bit in to make it slightly spicy hehe

Visited ChubbeeCloud cafe, Damansara Uptown.


Unicorn milkshake. Quite a bit of cereal to munch on so it was quite filling.

Came for this actually! Rainbow cheese haha

Tasted not bad!

And the Sweet Egg toast which was normal to me.

Oh and by the way I have just started learning how to cook as the title suggests HAHAHA. Yes, I'm a gurl and I don't know how to cook *surprise surprise* But that's what being spoiled means =p I guess, this year's goals is to be a decent cook *laughs* and a good house wife, like not literally but yes, doing house work, being what a wife should be, and you know the works *God Bless Me* This is wife- in- training #taitaicanbehousewife

So I started with something simple.
Fried egg with sausage and cheese into a hotdog bun. Tasted not bad actually to be honest. Mum even gave double thumbs up haha Motivated me to cook even more.

Then, fried vegetables for the family for dinner.
Vege still okay so upgraded to..

...pasta

Urm...this cream of mushroom sauce pasta was a bit plain. Although I have already poured the entire Campbell's cream of mushroom into it but still did not have the taste I wanted. I coupled it with mashed hard boiled egg and crabstick. It's oklah #experiment

Next, I wanted to try dry curry.

Dry curry vegetarian mutton with carrot cubes.
Oooh, this was a success! It had the balance of curry and spicy taste I wanted. Yums!

I love eating pomegranate. But did you know it's so hard to actually de-seed it?
Had first hand doing it LOL

More housewife training in the future I guess haha. I was just thinking, life is a learning curve and I never fail to learn a new thing every other day. Sometimes, I just have to adapt - like the new business, be an employer and dealing with HR and accounts, starting a family, learning how to cook even, managing our properties and most of all juggling everything at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment