December 8, 2020

The Daily Grill, Bangsar Shopping Centre food review

 I came across some instagram post on people eating at The Daily Grill, BSC during their soft launch as they were having free food tasting with their Tomahawk for free too! So on their last day of the free food tasting, I tried my luck to whatsapp them for reservation and voila, I got myself reservations for 2 pax *lady luck was on my side* I thought they would be fully booked but managed to squeeze me in last minute.

And so, our food adventure begin at The Daily Grill. To be honest, we never had Tomahawk before and normally Tomahawk prices are quite on the up side, so we decided to go big this time to try it to see if we actually like Tomahawk. Because my husband is a fan of Rib Eye and that's our usual order but this time, we skipped the Rib Eye and went straight for the main of all mains HAHA. Every table had the Tomahawk too so it was the star of this restaurant!

We started off with a salad.

Caesar Salad (RM25)
Very simple with baby romaine lettuce with Caesar dressing, cheese croutons, Parmigiana Reggiana shavings and poached egg(the best part!) yet so yummy. My husband who is not a vege lover attacked this with me and finished within minutes.

We were intrigued with the All Day Breakfast Menu and since we ordered the Tomahawk and knew it was gona be heavy, we didn't want to spoil the appetite with other meats so we ordered more breakfast options.

Shakshuka (RM25)
Shakshuka had sausages with 2 sunny eggs and the toasted brioche were soo soft and buttery. Super good!!

Sneaky Omelette with a choice of Honey Ham, Mozarella Cheese and Holland Onions served with green salad (RM21)
This was simple yet yummy. The cheese made the pull interesting and the balsamic vinegar with the side salad was appetising.

Signature Seafood Stew (RM48)
Crab meat, tiger prawn, squid and clams stewed in a rich broth. I am a seafood lover and loved this! The seafood was fresh and broth was infused with a lot of flavour. It whetted my appetite for the star of the day, which is...

1.6KG Australian Angus Tomahawk (RM430)
Char-grilled tomahawk steak served with roasted potatoes and topped with herbs butter. Gosh, this was huge and can easily feed 2-4 people. For the price, I think it was worth it because it was well seasoned and we asked for medium-well and it turned out great and it wasn't tough. The thickness was just right and felt juicy in the mouth and very flavourful. The herbs butter with salt on the side was the icing of this tomahawk!

With a glass of red, it certainly was a night to remember.

Honestly, we would come back with a bigger group for the tomahawk and we think overall, the food was great. Definitely above average. Price wise, it suited the area because it is BSC afterall. However, just a note. Service wise, I thought the servers could be more attentive. The waiting time and their attention were just slow, in my opinion but they were friendly nonetheless. And since they had the free food tasting, I thought they were overly generous with no real T&C to even review their restaurant. You literally can order anything (unlimited) and after that walk off. They didn't even ask feedback, to review in social media etc. I just wonder whether their marketing team know what they are doing. I'm also writing this because I honestly felt their food were good, not because I was asked to.

Ambience: 4/5 (Cozy and comfy)
Food: 4.5/5 (Had nothing to complain about. Selection of wine was great too. But of course there is always room for improvement)
Service: 3/5 (Should be improved)
Price: 4/5 (Befits the area)

Check them out HERE

Lot G1, Ground Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre
285 Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya
59000 Bangsar, Wilayah Persekutuan
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment