December 30, 2020

The most unique year 2020

 When 2019 closed with a bang for me by celebrating NYE at Paris Disneyland, I really didn't know what to expect for the coming year. I really thought I achieved it all in 2019 and maybe 2020 was the year I will just be going with the flow. Sure enough! Little did I know, I will be going  with the flow, in quarantine, most of the time *laughs*. This year has been rather quite unique. Nevertheless, I still felt quite blessed this year. It has been a year which was soo different from any other years. I stayed home the most this year as well as was paranoid the most about my health this year too *laughs*

In terms of health, I had two scares but turned out it was just another cold and NOT with the virus of the C name. We also contributed quite a bit to the Malaysian tourism this year LOL. Our trips to Datai, Langkawi and Tanjong Jara Resort with a short staycation to EQ Kuala Lumpur summed up our vacation places and not anywhere overseas any time soon I guess.

But quarantine stirred a new skill in me haha...I managed to cook and bake the entire MCO period. I was also surprised by the amount of recipes I managed to cook up. I was never a cook nor a baker, what more a person who cooks everyday. Somehow I became a housewife material HAHA

This is also the year I read the most books. I cannot believe the amount of books I finished this year alone. I guess MCO really stirred up the homey side in me and I turned into my 15 year old bookworm girl.

This is the year I have practiced feeling very blessed and grateful every other day. I started meditation and it really helped to calm my nerves during the pandemic and when I was sick. This was something I am truly grateful for stumbling upon. I was just reading some articles and I heard many people talk about meditation, so I tried it myself and it was the best thing this year.

This year also tested a lot on my marriage because we were home most of the time and saw each other's faces on a daily basis *laughs*. But I must say that I kinda like it >.< Him maybe not so much LOL We bonded so much this year in terms of communication, we even bought the Nintendo Switch to play RPG and sports games together (I know right!) and took care of each other during the quarantine period. Moving in with the husband before MCO and spending quality time with him during quarantine was probably a good thing because if we were apart, gosh, I don't even want to think about not being able to meet up like some other married couples out there.

Anyhow, we also achieved quite a bit personally even through a rough year. And that's how the year 2020 passed by. In a blink of an eye, 2021 is around the corner. To say that we didn't do anything this year is not right. We did it but in a total different environment, our house, which is what I'm also proud of, something to call home. But could we have achieved more? Maybe, but then, it wouldn't shape who we are today, to make us more grateful in life, to see more of the treasures of our own country, to appreciate our health even more, etc. 

I hope next year will be better in terms that vaccine will be coming here soon and we will be able to travel overseas and see more of the outside world without our masks on. Travelling is my dream and experiencing different cultures is something I look forward to every year but couldn't do it this year so hopefully next year. I also hope that we can go freely outside without the cautious-ness of viruses, hygiene, masks and temperature checks. And lastly, I hope everyone out there who has been affected by this pandemic will keep thriving and may year 2021 be a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment