July 6, 2021

Covid 19 Astra Zeneca vaccine experience & freebies

 I received my vaccine at IDCC Shah Alam on 30.06.2021. Fought my way to get myself registered on the day they opened the Astra Zeneca (AZ) vaccine to the public for the second time. Had to refresh the page many times and after many unsuccessful attempts, finally I managed to get through and registered for the AZ vaccine! Never been happier. It's one step closer to a herd immunity.

#ootd for vaccination day

That excitement didn't last long though hahha...The side effect was one of the worst I've ever had in my life- no kidding!

But wait, let's rewind. Jumped the gun too fast LOL. So, I went to IDCC and the whole process was smooth sailing. Everything was well organised. I got my vaccine within 40 minutes or so. 

We were given forms to fill, they took my IC to verify then consulted with a doctor and then off to get vaccinated. I didn't even have to queue at the vaccine part. Straight after doctor's consultation, I went to the next station to get vaccinated.

Everyone there put me at ease. The first station to verify my IC, the lady first thing complimented that she liked my hair colour haha...then the doctor who vaccinated me asked me whether I had my breakfast? I said, yes salad. Then he said, 'Oh salad, sedap lah dengan dressing. Saya pun suka.' 

This was my home made poke bowl salad by the way hahaha so yummy and wayy cheaper than outside poke bowls.

LOL, their art of distraction was working coz I was nervous. I hate needles and little did I know, the needle part was a breeze. Can't even feel a thing. It's the later part that made me K-O lol.

So once done, there's an observation place. If nothing happens, then you're good to go. Outside, there's a photo booth to take picture to post so that others will FOMO and get themselves vaccinated too hahaha

There were free goodies being given out as well for those who have been vaccinated.

Then I went home and went back to my normal daily activity. I thought I would be fine and I can just work like normal. I have prepared barley water with wintermelon and porridge also just in case.

But then, by evening, I started feeling feverish and tired. I started to have shivers as well. 

That's when everything went downhill. I was hungry and then after eating, I was slightly energetic but that didn't last long. I was shivering again and had headache and mild fever. My vaccinated arm was super sore I couldn't sleep on one side. Before sleep, I popped one Panadol Actifast but that didn't do much. 4 hours later, popped another one. By next dawn, I was in so much pain, I increased the dosage to 2 Panadols and by next day I popped another 2 Panadols. This is by far the most Panadols I have taken in my life. Yes, coz I'm not one who likes to take medicine unless there's no choice like antibiotics but I never popped Panadols as much.

I couldn't describe the feeling when people asked me how am I. What I can say though is like something is eating me alive inside. Yes, it's that bad. Everything inside me was super sore, I was shivering plus I was nauseated. It's like I volunteered for virus to be injected inside me to suffer LMAO. At this rate, I was quite paranoid about what's happening to me because I'm not getting better. 

The next day, I felt 80% better than the day before. However, I was still at 38 degrees Celsius and popped more Panadols. All I could do was distract myself with work. 

In total, I popped 12 panadols in the span of 2 days. Gosh! It scared me.

I have never been so sick in my life. I think I was the most ill among my friends. I really hope that it's because my immunity is stronger (as one article was saying). I was just thinking, go get myself vaccinated, come back, work and maybe pop a panadol or two. But things took a 180 degrees turn. No amount of preparation could prepare me for my side effects. I feel scared now taking the second dose LMAO. But no, don't be discouraged. Vaccine is to save lives. Getting infected by Covid would have been wayy worse!

As a reward of my 'suffering', I managed to get some freebies from participating F&B outlets giving free goodies or discounts for their food/drinks by flashing your MySejahtera as proof that you have gotten your 1st dose vaccination.

1. Llao llao
15% off my medium tub. Yay, so happy. I missed having llao llao during MCO!

2. Don't Yell At Me
FREE wintermelon chrysanthemum drink. Thank you!!

3. Bean Jr
FREE hot tau fu fah. Just need to register as their member with no fee chargeable.

4.RM10 discount for MyBurgerLab
Got my burger and side nachos. So yummy!

5. Churittosfreshmex
Free soft taco(can choose beef/chicken) and a drink. The taco was really yummy!

6. Bo The Avocado
Also, gotten my complimentary voucher by DM-ing them on Instagram.

Got my drink!

7. Bubble Gum Wax
Just need to DM them your MySejahtera screenshot to receive the rewards.

Thank you participating outlets for encouraging more people to get vaccinated. Try to help them by buying something additional when redeeming. 

So, DON'T miss your appointments and constantly check your MySejahtera for appointment details.
Good luck and stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment