September 27, 2021

Food adventure

 September was a month of FOOOOD! We had so much I think we gained so much weight just this month alone hahaha....Why? Because firstly, it's my hubs birthday month and second because yours truly is probably one of the last to get double vaccinated and tasted freedom of dining out finally after 3 and 1/2 months!

Bought haidilao for at home hotpot. The amount of freebies they gave was surprising! I guess this compensated their 5 star in dining service.

Even gave complimentary lens wet wipes and hair band just like dining in. I'm in awe haha

Home steamboat and grill <3

Favourite cake from Trianon. Every chocolate lover must at least try once!

Got Mama Lee's nasi lemak delivered via Maybank Sama-Sama Lokal. The amount of discount given made the whole delivery worth it eventhough it was really far.

Bought ice creams from Alpine Glaciers.

There are the flavours. I love the variety of it all.

Very eco friendly in a paper box. My favouite was the Fifty Shades Darker and Lost in Provence.

Also bought this beautiful box from Bao Malaysia.

Heated it up using my 2 in 1 hotpot and grill pan.
The skeweres were really yummy when it's warm and the sauces that accompany the skewers were really good. We enjoyed the box in its entirety. 

Wow this mala potato chips were filled with so much mala flavour. If you're a mala fan, this is good but it overpowers the truffle flavour.

This is Licky Chan's Merdeka special. It is durian coffee ice cream laced with alcohol. Coupled up with the cone, it was one perfect combo. There's durian taste, coffee taste and a linger of alcohol!

Santan x myburgerlab nasi lemak burger

Didn't disappoint at all. This was our second buy already. Pro tip: Buy from Santan instead of myburgerlab because it's wayy cheaper, which I don't understand why.

Got my instant chee cheong fun fix from Jengyeah via instagram. Safe to say cravings satisfied. People are sooo creative these days.

Wanted to try pork nasi lemak from 8Haus for quite sometime and got it delivered to Villa Samadhi during our stay.


Their pork burger was a disappointment. Not much flavour.

Their nasi lemak however were good. We ordered the set with all three meats to try haha...I loved the pork ribs. So tender & juicy. Their sambal was also on point.

Found a Thai restaurant via google which supposedly have the best Thai dishes. It's La Moon @ TTDI.


Their menu was quite extensive but their prices almost popped by eyeballs. Because the entire place feels homey and cozy but their prices are like what you pay at a hotel LOL. I must say though, they exceeded our expectations and we even planned to return.

This spicy glass noodle is for spicy lovers. The spiciness was evenly distributed. The seafood were so huge, fresh and juicy. This first dish wow-ed us already.


Their seafood tomyum goong had 3 spicy levels you could choose. We of course chose the spiciest level 3. It was spicy, sour and sweet with a kick. Really good and we wiped it clean. The prawns in it again were so fresh and was not even soggy in the soup.

Ask for the chef special of the day. That day was Penang beef rendang. So, we went ahead to order and try it. It didn't disappoint. The beef was so tender and soft. The curry was delicious. It really felt like home cooked food with premium ingredients.

We had red ruby as dessert. This one had atapci in it and the coconut milk was aplenty and was very fragrant.

Also had the tapioca dessert, They really use a lot of coconut milk in their food and it was very fragrant and the tapioca was really sweet and yummy.

Overall damage was RM250 for 2 pax and we went back so satisfied!

Next was Bumbu Bali, Puchong. We wanted to eat Indonesian cuisine next.
Tried their pulut hitam drink and jackfruit mocktail. Wow, very unique. MUST TRY.

Had their nasi campur with grilled, prawns, squid, fish & satay and condiments. So huge for one person. We should have just ordered one and shared. But it was so yummy. The sambal had the right amount of spice, the bawang goreng went really well with the rice, the seafood were grilled to perfection and were fresh.

The hubs had the nasi with ayam panggang. So huge chicken! Really worth the price of RM35. It should be shared but we didn't know it would be huge. But ended up finishing it as well. Loved their food here!

I've been wanting to go Kampachi at EQ since forever. When I got double vaccinated, I immediately booked Kampachi to dine in there. Boy, was it a disappointment. We dined on Saturday for RM218/pax.

This is their special airflown sashimi so you only get to order this platter once per pax.

This snow crab leg tempura also can be ordered once. This however took 40 minutes to arrive as there were some kitchen mess up and whatnot. By this time, I was out of mood already. Asked for refill of green tea took 15 minutes after reminding them 3 times. I did not pay RM218 per pax to receive this kind of service.

My husband chose the wagyu which also to be ordered once.

The rest ala carte items are unlimited.

Chawanushi.

Tuna and salmon sashimi.

Miso clam soup.

Prawn tempura.

Chicken wings and pumpkin croquette.

Medium rare beef.

Grilled cod fish. This was good and flavourful.

Garlic fried rice. I always rate Japanese restaurants based on their garlic fried rice. But this was meh.

Grilled fish head.

Sukiyaki. This was good.

Scallops.

Desserts <3

Okay, this is another story. In the Tableapp reservation, I did put as we're dining here for our anniversary. So they prepared a cake but I didn't know this was chargeable because no one told me anything. Only when the bill came and my husband paid that I saw in the receipt, this cake was charged, I was like 'Whaaattt?!' I mean who does that? I go to Thirty Eight at Grand Hyatt and get a complimentary nice dessert, I go to The Datai and freaking get a complimentary champagne. I mean if you told me this was chargeable I would probably deliberate whether it is worth it considering this is RM16 for a strawberry shortcake which they claim is their signature which was not even close.

Didn't know what was coming LOL

Only good thing was EQ gave a complimentary photo album to us. Yay! hahah

Anyway, I posted my horrible experience in social media and Kampachi heard about it and they gave me a call thereafter. They asked what went wrong and I told them about their kitchen mess ups, their slow service etc. I mean I don't expect anything by posting my experience. I paid for it so I have the right to talk about my experience that's all. The manager offered to do something 'nice' for me if I ever to give them a second chance. Well, sorry, not going back. You know I have been known to be quite cincai, I can accept slight hiccups etc. But not when you're famously well known, charging exorbitant pricing and just treat your guests with mediocre services just because you can. The food was not even that good. The upper management of Kampachi should really look into their restaurant management, their service, their kitchen down to their food if they want to keep charging people that kind of price. Heck, Haidilao can do so much better than them with twice less the price. In this competitive business, if you don't up your game, newcomers will eat you alive. I'm probably emotional because this was something I have been talking about for the longest time to dine at plus it was a special occasion on our anniversary however it was ruined. Oh well, you can't have it all sometimes.

That's all the ramblings I have this time hehe xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment