October 25, 2021

Self pampering month of October 2021

 This month is all about self-pampering. Been super busy at work these days that I'm burning out. My schedule is filled til the night. My stress level is at an all time peak and so I decided that I needed to take one day at a time and need to have a lot of ME time to keep my sanity in check hehe.

First things first, this month I splurged a lot. Not only on materials, but on maintenance and food as well =p sometimes, when you work so hard, you deserve some splurging to justify why is it you work so hard hehe

Got myself new shoes! My Adidas shoes which I've worn close to 10 years decided to die on me during MCO. So, I was looking at Boost but the price was cray and decided although I wanted to splurge but let's be practical hehe and I went with Puma who also have the same technology like Boost but wayy cheaper. My gosh, that 'Boost' technology thingy I don't know what it is but it is superrr comfy! Most comfy shoes ever.

Finally my toes are seeing some colours after close to a year not doing pedicure. Got a nice buff and trim and first time it's looking the prettiest this year no thanks to MCO.

My galaxy looking nail art. Soo pweety!! It's all hand drawn okay. The nail beautician from instagram @_beautenails_ at Sri Petaling is one talented lady and the price is super reasonable. I'm a repeat customer!

Finally brave enough to get blue hair. Been wanting to dye blue since forever but afraid the bleach will spoil my hair but decided to YOLO anyway and go with it. Couldn't be happier with the results =) though it only lasted 2 weeks and now it's greenish which I'm kinda liking it as well hehe

Decided to also pamper myself with a massage! I've been seeing ladies visiting Lax Retreat at The Linc often and wanted to try it out myself. The place was so gorgeous.

You will be served tea before and after treatment.

You can also order from their cafe.

Their treatment menu consist of nail, face and body. I was here for a full body massage.

In your treatment room you can choose what scent you would like to smell during the entire treatment. So cool!

You also get to choose the sound you would like to listen to during the treatment. I chose Lo-Fi and it was so calming.

The body massage was soooo good. The touch was medium so it was a bit painful here and there but it totally relaxed my tight muscles. I could feel all my tense and tight muscles being drifted away. Came back feeling sleepy and had a super good sleep. The whole environment was luxurious, pretty and ladies only so I think Muslim customers will feel more at ease here. I loved it!

They even have a Dyson hairdryer for a blowout before you leave. So cool!

New normal before heading out with friends.

Been wanting to try Mitasu for the longest time even before MCO. Finally got the chance to.

We practically ordered the entire menu LOL...didn't have the chance to take much pictures also because it's almost always wiped out when it arrived from kitchen *laughs* We were like super cooped up at home that when we could come out, we ate everything we could LOL




There were some hits and some misses but overall for less than RM100 per pax I think it's worth it.

Since my husband and I are spicy lovers, we decided to try the Myeongdong Topokki's Pedas Chickyun set.

Boy, the ramen was spicy! The kind that irritates the throat and it stays there and we were crying while eating haha but we could finish it! If you're a serious spicy lover, this is a MUST-TRY! But maybe try once in a lifetime only la hehe

My first omakase after the lockdown was at Chipta 11A, PJ. Oohh, I really loved my experience at Chipta! The whole gastronomic journey was mouth watering!


The appetizer was a good start. Pickled cucumbers with chicken liver on toasted bread.

Warm tauhu with crab meat. I appreciate that it's warm and not cold tauhu haha.

Sashimi starter. I really can't remember what most sushi/sashimi dishes are so I am not going to elaborate much on the food aside that it was all really yummy.

Prawn in mangosteen broth. So fresh and so delish!

Local cod fish with miso sauce. Their home made sauces were really da bomb.

Smoked duck with butter corn with a side of pickled mustard seeds and green bean sauce and garlic sauce. Yums!

Papaya with calamansi sauce.

Even their sides complimentary pickles for the sushi was amazing. Even refilled this because it was that good haha.

Then there were 6 different types of sushi. The vinegar rice was good, the sauce on top of the sushi was unique and some hidden wasabi inside it complimented the entire sushi journey.







This was the cherry on top! My favourite uni & ikura on top of soba. Soo goood!

Dessert was coconut sorbet with caramel biscuits.

Overall for RM300 per pax it was super worth it. This is highly recommended and it received rave reviews from my friends as well. MUST-TRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment