January 3, 2023

New Year 2023

 2022 is by far the most adventurous year of my life I would say. The migration to Hong Kong was in 2021 but the settling down and moving into a new home was in 2022. The new environment, the making of new friends, the new apartment, new job, no family, home sick etc made 2022 also one of the hardest year with a lot of obstacles haha

But we survived! And that's all that matters =) Looking back, it was not easy but we learnt from each hurdle and as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I hope I am stronger going into the year 2023 because the new year will also have its set of challenges ahead.

In Hong Kong, the first 3/4 of the year was still on travel lockdown due to the rise of Covid cases. So we could only explore within Hong Kong. We went to the nearby outlying islands, we hiked, we ran by the bay on weeknights and I think I got fitter living in Hong Kong because we walked alot.

I also spent my birthday at Hong Kong Disneyland. That was super fun, it's like being a kid again. Then, when the borders opened with no quarantine, we managed to finally go back home to Malaysia to see our family & friends. That was probably the highlight of the year *laughs* We kinda went on revenge eating, and gained back a lot of weight LOL We took the opportunity to then fly to Phu Quoc and stayed at Hotel Regent PQC which was one of the best luxury resort holiday we ever had. I also took a short trip to Bangkok for a shopping spree weekend with my girl friend and I bought many clothes!

We also voted right before flying back to HK and our country is hopefully finally in good hands. We then came back to Malaysia again to celebrate Christmas after not being able to spend Christmas with our families in 2021. We also took a short trip to Sabah to relax and chill before the year ended.

Here's to more adventures in 2023. As the travel restrictions have been abolished, hopefully we can travel further in 2023. Happy New Year and to new beginnings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment