June 6, 2016

Me Before You review


I have never read the book and I heard reviews of this where people go in watching this movie crying their eyeballs out LOL

It was an impromptu decision to watch this and I haven't even watched the trailer so going in, I have no idea what to expect but since it's a chick flick, I thought it's alright, I'll definitely enjoy it.

Never did I know, I am also one of those girls crying my eyeballs out in the cinema -____-

Literally half an hour through the movie, I was already starting to tear and my heart was aching for the guy who was paralysed from the neck down and when the romance started I was already crying my heart out and towards the end, I was flooding the cinema LOL

Geez, I think I was PMS-ing that day haha

Anyway, this movie was adapted from the bestselling novel by Jo Jo Moyes. It tells the story of the unexpected relationship that blossoms between a wealthy, paralyzed guy and his caretaker. Man, was Sam Claflin easy on the eyes with his beautiful face because he's always seated on his chair anyway. The girls went cray cray over him especially in that particular moustache shaving scene haha

I mean not everyone goes in and flood the cinema like I did. Some went in without a single tear. So it depends whether it's your cup of tea. To me, although Emilia Clarke's character was supposed to be quirky and witty, I felt it was too much. And I definitely did not like the ending. Overall, the storyline was heart-touching and there were some injected humours here and there to lighten up the situation.

I always have this reaction to these sort of movies like 'The Fault in Our Stars' and 'My Sister's Keeper' I should avoid such movies next time coz it's embarrassing to go out of the cinema with super red eyes LOL

My rating: 3 and a half stars

1 comment:

  1. this is really nice movie.. always live to the fullness.. don't be regret in life.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete