March 29, 2018

Stripping down to Althea's Bare Essentials

Althea, the one-stop online shop for absolutely everything K-beauty, has finally launched its very own skincare line! There's so much gossip going on before the launch of this line that I was already super excited even before it arrived at my doorsteps HAHA

And now, it's my turn to gossip about how awesome these products are.

The latest release from the Althea label is one that addresses a common problem faced by millions of Althea's fans. Many are fazed by the number of steps in skincare routine but when in reality, it shouldn't be a difficult process at all. Some has even 7 or 10 steps to go by (say what!)

But introducing Althea’s Bare Essentials - only 3 steps in your daily skincare routine (as easy as 1,2,3). Althea strips down to the bare essentials with this new skincare line. Riding on today’s current minimalism movement, Althea’s Bare Essentials focuses on skincare fundamentals and drops all the non-essentials. 

These new beauty hybrid products pack a double punch too; they’re products that nourish the skin while leaving it looking bright, glowing, and beautiful. With clean, minimal, yet effective formulas, these straightforward products epitomize simple perfection and delivers maximum results with minimum effort.

Super minimalist and white. I can't express how much I love this bare minimalist theme. The entire product theme feels classy, expensive and elegant. If you don't know, it is actually super reasonably priced! Ohh and those samples are gona be useful for my travels =)

I would like to give a shout out to Althea for being so thoughtful by including this chic mirror as a gift. This would be so handy to keep my vanity in check *laughs*

Not only that, this heavy duty tile is also a gift which is useful as a coaster, paper weight or even as a prop for flatlays hehehe
Kamsahamida!

Ok, back to the main products! I totally believe that great makeup starts from great skin! The Bare Essentials range consists of three hypoallergenic products suitable for any skin types for a greater skin.

The Contour Cleanser 150g, RM23.00
Packed with soothing Ice Plant and detoxifying Lemon Myrtle extracts, this cleanser is densely filled with micro capsules that burst upon contact with water to gently cleanse, exfoliate, and detoxify skin. The Contour Cleanser helps to promote blood circulation, and reduces bloating and swelling for a defined, enviably slim face V shape look.

Yes, it has a dense texture to it which will turn into foam once massaged into skin.

Dampen the skin, then squeeze out a small amount and lather onto the face, massaging in circular motions. Rinse off with water after. The micro capsules helps in exfoliating white/black heads and I could feel my oil seeds coming out easily.

One thing I absolutely love about it, other than it does not have a drying effect, is that it leaves the skin feeling cool! Yes, it has a minty cooling effect ^^ If you don't know about me, I am crazy about everything cool/minty be it, mint ice cream, mint mouthwash, mint drink, mint tea, yes you get me. So this cleanser which has that minty cool 'after taste' has a total stamp of approval from me hehe Especially in the morning, it just makes you feel refreshed and ready for the day or night time, rejuvenates your skin after a tiring day. I'm not sure about the contouring effect though but maybe if I use long enough, I may have that V shape face in time for my wedding *crosses fingers*


The Primer Water 200ml, RM43.00
This hybrid is a hydrating toner and a primer in one. The Primer Water contains patented dewdrop technology (Macro Fluidic Dispersion technology) that gently fills the gaps between pores and allows hydration to penetrate deep within the layers of the skin. Made with Snow Lotus extracts, this skincare heavy hitter has an incredibly smooth and silky texture that enhances the skin’s natural glow, leaving you with the perfect canvas.

The texture is rather dense and not watery. I actually expected it to be watery since it is called Primer 'water' so I  was surprised at the texture.

Pour out a small amount and apply evenly onto the face, gently patting in for better absorption. I love love how it does not leave any sticky feeling on my skin. I was half expecting it to be sticky due to its thicker than usual toner texture. But, the dewdrop technology feels like water droplets once applied on skin and it absorbs rather quickly. After that, it feels like I've not put anything on my face, which is perfect for my oily skin. I have read some other people saying it is perfect for their dry skin because it is very moisturising but I feel that because of it's non sticky nature, it's perfect for oily skin people. I guess Althea did it right this time by catering to all skin types yet perfect for each one <3

Another thing I like about it is that it also acts as a 'primer' which means, it really smoothens skin as a base prepping for the next skincare and for morning, I felt like it really helps my make up to go on smoother and last longer as well.

Kudos to this product and out of all, I would definitely re-purchase this one! 2 thumbs up hehe


The Fixer Cream 50g, RM50.00
This non-oily, quick-absorbing formula harnesses the power of Trehalose, an ingredient found in the cactus plant that prevents its moisture loss, to provide the skin with 24-hour hydration. This ultra-nourishing wonder cream is also rich in antioxidants derived from Camellia Sinensis (green tea) seed oil, and helps to promote collagen regeneration using Baobab Tree extracts. Upon application, your skin is left looking great and feeling bouncy to the touch.

It looks creamy but then again looks can be deceiving! I'm mostly skeptical about creamy texture products for my oily skin but this one did not disappoint. The texture is something like the primer water where it has a watery texture upon application.

Apply evenly onto the face and gently pat in till absorbed.

I have used this during the day as well as a night cream and found that it is very suitable for my skin be it day or night. I like the light texture it gives so that I won't have that shiny film on my T Zone yet it hydrates my skin all day long with a velvety matte feeling. I apply a thinner film in the morning and then slap on more moisture before sleep. Another thing is that I love the scent which is probably the green tea which feels quite soothing and calming =)

I love that each product is a hybrid that it can be used as one function as well another. I did not experience any breakouts and I could feel my skin is clearing up because I feel that my oil seeds and whiteheads are clearing off. The super plus point, is the price. All 3 products are available for purchase at Althea for only RM116.

Made with only the best ingredients, it’s no surprise that the Bare Essentials line caused quite the craze in the beauty world. Upon its announcement, there was a 10,000-people wait list for the products! But fret not - you can now get your hands on these highly coveted products; you’re just a click away from glowing, flawless, crystal clear skin. 

Plus, Althea is giving out an additional 10% off with a free special edition mirror if you purchase now so head on over to www.althea.kr today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment