May 28, 2019

How to be calm before your wedding?

So if you are following me on social media, you would have known that I am now officially, religiously and legally married haha. The tea ceremony, church wedding and wedding luncheon happened last 2 weekends ago and it was a whirlwind wedding weekend. But before that, the amount of preparations put into, planning, stress, rehearsals, sleepless nights happened. We did not hire a wedding planner because we were our own planner, but of course with much help from our families and friends. I wouldn't exactly say I was a calm bride hehe *my husband would know* LOL

But I must say, events leading to the big day really affected my mood and they were all happy events so I ended up being calmer than what a bridezilla would HAHAH. First of, an understanding husband is the key to the bride's calmness. I was planning the wedding in the midst of moving my stuffs to my new house while working at the same time so it was a bit stressful during that period. But your other half plays an important role in keeping both of you together hehe.

But what I want to talk mostly were my hen's nights. My kind of bachelorette party is the quiet, simple type amidst all the crazy wedding planning and stress. So to just rest and relax was something I needed. And that was what my friends gave to me =)

First was at at The Cedar Bidor @ Perak


It's a bungalow with an infinity pool fit for almost 20 people at one time. It's really huge!! You can make as much noise as you want and you will disturb nobody because it's just one house in between greens haha

 Serene.


Bedrooms were clean and spacious.

Bathrooms too.

Living area with pool table.


 Hangout place.

Karaoke place.


So huge!


With so many bedrooms.

We did our own BBQ at night. We brought our own food and snacks because there was nothing to eat around and you will have to drive out to the nearest restaurant.

And my friends threw me a surprise =)

<3

Had a wonderful time there and thoroughly enjoyed myself with all my friends.

Next up, a staycation with my maid of honour =)
FYI, a super maid of honour is needed to help the bride on the big day! Mine was just perfect.
But first, brunch at VCR, KL.

OMG the food was soo goood!! This salmon with egg and some chilli spice on top of it was da bomb.

The Turkish breakfast was good too. I had this when I was in Turkey and it tasted just as good.

Chocolate cheese cake <3
Very satisfied with their food. If only it was nearer to home!

Then we checked into Grand Hyatt, KL 
Spacious room and love their friendly services!


Big bathtub too in a shower room.

Well rested in the bathtub hehe =)

And off we went to Grand Imperial at Pavillion Elite for hotpot dinner. 

The food was really yummy and fresh! I did not know Grand Imperial has hotpot but apparently it's the only one in Pavillion and again I really wished it was nearer to home!


The service was also impeccable!

Dessert at Kakigori Pavillion.
My tummy was super satisfied that night hehe

Woke up to this view for breakfast buffet 

Luckily it was towards my wedding day and I have already lost the weight I wanted so I could fill it with the buffet I was craving for!!

Next staycation was at JW Marriott KL. I have been in and out of hotels for the past month haha

But first, brunch at Wild Honey, Pavillion.
Everyone was talking about this cheese Brazillian bread but I found nothing special though.

But this prawn patty burger with avocado is to die for!

Free dessert too =)

Then living the real tai tai life haha, we went for massage at Oriental Signature at Pavillion.

It was painful but was stress relieving at the same time!

Then we went to the rooftop at Banyan Tree KL for drinks

 Cocktails FTW!

Dinner at Bari Uma ramen

Thick soup which was yummy.
I think I kinda know Pavillion almost inside out hahaha

JW Marriott room was also cozy =)

View from our room.
I have been super spoiled in 5 stars hotels. So blessed!

Then the next weekend we had a couple facial. 
Very relaxed towards our wedding day now.

And then another complimentary spa with Body Perfect!
How can I not be a relaxed bride now? hehehe

Next day, did spa pedicure and manicure.

I was really enjoying myself.
That was my wedding nails =) So pweetty

On the day of my wedding, I woke up at 3am for 4am makeup call. 
I wanted a simple natural makeup and not OTT.

Our entire ceremony was also pretty simple. No hengdai games, just simple tea ceremony and headed towards the church for the church wedding.

Absolutely love this pic.

I was so emotional when my dad walked me down the aisle >.<


And that's a wrap for Day 1 for church wedding! One half of the wedding settled hehe



And we checked into our bridal suite in hotel.

Rested for the night and ready for round 2 baybeh for the luncheon.

And we're finally married!

Oh my! I don't know how people get married a few times because honestly, once in a lifetime is more than enough. I am so done with all the plannings etc and it's time to just rest, honeymoon and relax. It was a whirlwind 2 day wedding weekend and we had lots of fun! Marrying couples, remember to have lots of fun and whatever that does not go according to plan, you will need to let go and most importantly smile! HEHE

I don't know if I was really that calm, but I really think the environment and the people around you play an important role to making the bride and the groom calm and happy. You do not want to be showing faces when you are the centre of attraction because it will just look bad. And I am super thankful to my friends for whisking me away in the weeks leading to my wedding for some fun girls' time #blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment