January 13, 2014

Nick Vujicic- Unstoppable

It has been a very loooong week and a challenging one indeed. And to think that the worst is yet to come, looking at my schedule @.@

In fact, it has been a tough 3 months since I starting working(whatt?? 3 months only?? It seems like a year already!) Initially, it was very hard for me to fit in because working is a whole new thing. A whole new atmosphere of taking up responsibilities, be independent, doing work that seems so foreign(although you have been studying for 5 whole years!) and suddenly it seems like college taught you nothing at all. Like seriously, in my first month, I really thought that college was a waste of money because when you start working, you are like learning all over again.

I had periods of gloom, feeling really useless sometimes, feeling very stupid most of the times, not knowing what is the subject matter of your work other times, etc. To be very honest, I even had occasional meltdowns(drama I know!) and felt like a lost soul. Basically, I wasn't myself and the people around me could sense that. Perhaps, it was because I have set a very high expectation of myself and I thought I wasn't living up to it and perhaps I have not gotten use to taking up so much responsibilities and the thought of screwing it all up. Yeah I was going through some normal girls stuff that is in a period of change into adulthood LOL..

But, thank God it got better. I have great colleagues, awesome friends and most importantly, caring loved ones who made this transitional period into the working world so much better =)) I can now say I am coping better and taking it one step at a time. It's a great start to the New Year!

So, yes, speaking of the title of this post..

I'm sure you have heard of this author- Nick Vujicic


I was feeling a bit demotivated in the previous weeks and I thought why not pick up a self-help book to boost my motivation. Boy, was this the right book to land on my hands!

It does talk a lot about Christianity and God so if you are not a believer, perhaps it might not come as a perfect match in my opinion. But it's a very good read and superb to feel hopeful again. Nick Vujicic, the man with no limbs, yet so accomplished in life and recently got married to the love of his life is such a great inspiration to others. 

Of course, Nick like everyone else had his own ups and downs. But how he came out from his dark times and bounced back and made the best out of his life even with his disabilities should be a lesson learnt. 

You and I are here for a purpose and believe that God will never put you in a situation where you can't handle. Never wallow in your misery. Be patient and trust that things will always get better =))

This book definitely put me back into perspective. Sometimes you just need that extra boost in life. 

Thanks Nick. You've been an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment