December 26, 2018

Althea Pore Purifying Serum + Body Mist

Wee~ This Christmas season is so exciting. So many new product launches from Althea Korea. So many gifts from them too. I am really so blessed to be part of the Althea Angel community.

Coming to the end of the year is 2 new products from Althea's home grown brand.

The Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser and Althea Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist.


When I heard of its name, I knew this would definitely be for someone like me with oily/combination skin. Due to my skin type, my pores are slightly enlarged and need extra TLC otherwise my pores will clog and will turn into blackheads. So when I heard pore purifying, I immediately can't wait to try it.

Dampen the skin and apply on a small amount. Gently massage onto the skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing off with water. 

First impression: texture was very watery and it's translucent in colour. It does not foam up. You couldn't even differentiate if it was water or the cleanser haha. But do not underestimate it's lightweight texture!

Ok digress abit. You know how Tesco, Giant and the likes of Watsons and Guardian have their own home grown brand as well? I have tried those home grown brands and honestly, their qualities are not as good. If you have tried Tesco tissue brand, you wouldn't be able to compare with Premier tissue brand. Just like Giant panty liner is not as good as the Carefree brand. So, truth be told, I wasn't sure if Althea's home brand was up to par initially when they came out with their own products.

But to my amazing surprise, Althea has not failed me yet and I am not bias but they are really good. My favourite product these days do come from Althea brand itself like the Petal Velvet sunblock and how much I have been raving about their Primer Water and their Skin Detoxers.

And come to this Pore Purifying Serum, I must say this products fits my skin perfectly! On first try, it melted away my makeup instantly. This beauty superhero whisks away makeup, dirt, and oil with mint extracts while ensuring the skin stays cool and hydrated throughout thanks to a dual moisture cell system that combines water and oil in overlapping layers that gently yet effectively remove makeup and dirt residue.

It prevents the skin from drying out and effectively minimizes enlarged pores, keeping it smooth to the touch. This product also helps to balance the pH levels of the skin to keep it working in tip-top shape! Best of all, it's gentle on the face and suitable even for those of us with sensitive skins. After washing, my skin does not feel dry but moisturised as this serum cleanserr creates a protective barrier on the skin.

Ingredients include:
Mint leaf extract - Cools down the skin and soothes irritations with a cooling effect that lowers skin's temperature and calms blemishes
Jojoba seed oil - Deeply moisturizes any dryness without feeling heavy
Tea tree leaf extract - Has antibacterial properties that purify the skin

In my previous wishlist, I was just talking about getting a makeup remover. And my wish is now granted in Althea's Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser. So, I don't need to get the others already haha This can be a makeup remover as well as a cleanser. I use this after work to remove makeup and followed by Althea's Bare Essential Contour Cleanser. Yes, I am using the full range of Althea products LOL And in the morning after I wake up, I use this to just cleanse my face mildly. Perfect for my day to day cleanser. Oh, it smells heavenly too!


Althea’s latest collaboration is with Indonesian celebrity Titi Kamal producing the Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist which is a sparkling mix of sweet orange and peach, followed by an ever-graceful echo of rosy floral notes. Not overbearingly strong, this gentle perfume lingers on the body for a long-lasting scent. It also has a non-sticky formula that feels comfortable on the skin, and it embodies the elegance and beauty of Titi in a bottle, perfect for the urban femme.

Titi Kamal is an Indonesian actress and singer with a knack for fashion and style. Best identified by her luxuriously long black hair, she's a beauty icon that's captured the hearts of fans all across Southeast Asia.


Spritz all over the body in a light layer before you head out the door. 
Take with you in your handbag or purse and use as and when. Lightweight and portable packaging that fits easily in any handbag or purse

Ingredients contain:
Damask rose water - Keeps the skin hydrated and gives a gentle fragrance
Sweet orange oil - Refreshes the senses
Elder flower extract - Cools and soothes the skin, while giving out a feminine scent

This fresh daily body mist fits with any style, from a classy romantic look to an everyday casual.
This floral fruity fragrance is gentle and long-lasting. When I sprayed before I leave home for an event, I still come back with a lingering rose scent. Best part? My fiance loves it too. I think it'a a scent that is very easy to match any occasion. It's not overpowering and very easy on the nose. Suitable for all ages I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment