December 30, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips


Like my new nail art? It's from Sally Hansen's Polish strips =)
It's actually stickers where you stick on to the nails but it's made of real nail polish(yeah, don't ask me how!)

The newest innovation by Sally Hansen comes in a diversity of colours and patterns..


I have been wanting to try these strips for quite some time and now thanks to my BFF, I got it as my Christmas present =))))



My pattern is No.340- Girl Flower 



These are the tools that come in the package

There are:
-2 packets of strips
-1 mini file/buffer
-1 wooden cuticle stick
-instructions

1 packet of strips consist of 8 strips with various sizes...



Hence, you can use according to your finger sizes. You will also notice there are extras since there are 16 strips and we only have 10 fingers so I guess the remainders are spares just in case you messed up.

However, since my nails are short, I could actually use 1 strip for 2 nails! So it's not wasteful as I can use the same pattern twice!!

It's actually quite easy. You'll have to push back cuticles using the cuticle stick, file then buff nails and then wipe nails with polish remover to remove any residue for lasting effect. Finally, stick the strips on and file excess strip.

This is my first time doing it and luckily, I did not mess up. It's quite easy but you need to have lots of patience. I have not tried any other polish strips but the Salon Effects line looks quite promising...

One thing though, it's quite pricey. It claims to last for 10 days and I have yet to find out!

Overall, definitely worth a try!! =)

Update: I'm actually quite surprised it lasted up to 15 days and more! Further, wiping it off with a nail polish remover is soo easy! Now, it's a definite must try! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment