January 1, 2012

ANTM: All Stars Cycle 17

Have you been watching the latest season of America's Next Top Model showing in Star World right now? I really liked the All Stars season so far. Anyway, I loved anything with All Stars like Survivor, Amazing Race and so on...

This one episode really caught my eye. I've always liked this particular model, Shannon Stewart from Cycle 1. She is absolutely gorgeous with long legs and amazing features. She has a certain brand which she holds true to herself which is that she would not post nude or in a lingerie.


So, this one particular episode where the models had to shoot in a lingerie in a huge bowl of salad, she refused. The shoot was such as below:

 Dominique won best photo!

Hence, she didn't have a photo for the judges during elimination. She was eliminated. Tyra Banks, however, mentioned that she was eliminated not because she didn't do the shoot but because she didn't win any challenges and never had best photo before during her stint in ANTM. I thought Tyra was just sugar coating it. 


I really did think she was eliminated because of her conservative style. I somehow find that in this industry, there is no room to be conservative. I also found that in that episode, Mr.Jay, the creative director was kind of pushing her to do the lingerie shot and the guy judges at the panel were not supportive of her brand at all!

Although Tyra thought Shannon stood to her belief was noble, I doubt it was actually what she thought! I really respect Shannon for not succumbing to the pressure. If she's not going to pose in her underwear, then she's not going to do it!


Sad though she was eliminated because I thought she had the most potential and best looking in the house.

Anyhow, I like Shannon even more now. I respect her brand and I understand when she says lingerie means intimacy, something you wear underneath your clothes or shown to your husband. I totally get her!
She's better off eliminated rather than be pushed around doing things she's not comfortable doing!


"This business will eat you alive if you don’t know who you are. You can get pulled in all different directions because everyone has their opinion. There’s models that sleep with photographers to get ahead, so it’s a hard business. I’m not going to encourage it, because I’ve lived it and I know what the business is about." -Shannon Stewart-

No comments:

Post a Comment