January 5, 2012

Purpura Simplex

Many of my friends know that I bruise easily. One time I went water tubing and came back with a whole lot of bruising, it's not even funny. My lower back was black and yellow in colour, my legs were purple, bluish black and I had some other minor bruising here and there -.- Best part was, none of my friends bruised that much!!

It is also because I bruise so easily, the incident where I fell from the train HERE made my bruise superbly serious...

 Can you see some black lines? So scary!!!


As if the above bruise is not enough, there's another huge one at the front of my leg. FML!!

Luckily, it healed but some bruise remained permanent due to some blood clot =(((

Anyway, I found out when I was much younger, I used to have a lot of blue blacks especially on my legs. My parents will then ask me where I got these bruises from, and I couldn't tell. Honestly, I don't really remember where I got them from. I thought I was just being plain clumsy knocking here and there. 

Till now, after 20 years, I still bruise easily and whenever I see a blue black, I won't remember how I got them. Like just recently, I don't know how I got this bruise:

>.<


Finally, I found a medical term for it!!

It's called Purpura Simplex....This is a condition characterized by a tendency to bruise easily due to fragile blood vessels. A bruise may appear even if the person has not knowingly bumped that area. The condition is quite common but more prevalent in women than men. It is generally not considered as a serious condition as it is not associated with any other bleeding problems.

Purpura simplex is not a disease. Treatment is neither necessary nor available. The individual should be reassured and advised to avoid blood thinning medication such as aspirin and other medications that can increase purpura.

The cause and means for this disorder remains to be unknown. Some studies show that this disorder may run in the family. Serious bleeding, however, does not seem to happen.

So, it's nothing I should be worried about after all! Just that I should be more careful when I get adventurous sometimes LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I was lookin up on big thrill skytrex and got here. Thanks for the review. Btw, I really think u shud seek medical attention for your condition. Easy bruising can be dangerous if it involves bleeding elsewhere such as internal organs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern! Will try to be more careful =)

    ReplyDelete