December 6, 2010

A trip to the dentist

I don't know why but I feel seeing the doctor is more nerve wrecking than seeing a dentist.


Have you felt so? Well, probably because if the dentist wanted to do something to your teeth, it is not as painful as a doctor doing something to your body, right? *laughs*

I mean how painful or scary can scaling, patching up a cavity or fixing a gum problem be? Rather than getting an injection at your arm, swallowing tons of medication due to fever or finding out that certain pain at your abdomen can be something big like cancer or what not! *touch wood*

So, I really feel going to the dentist have less pressure than going even for a check up at the doctor's. I mean the worst that can happen when you see a dentist is that your tooth cannot be saved and have to be pulled off. There's nothing life threatening about it!

I went to the dentist today after 3 years due to some cavity. It must be all those chocolates I have been eating lately LOL...Anyway, I found myself being very calm even when the doctor was doing whatever he was doing with my tooth =p


I was definitely calmer than I was 10 years ago. See, this dentist knows me way back. When I was around 9 or 10 years old, I had to pull some teeth to make way for my new teeth to come out. Back then, whenever I step foot in the dentist's room, I will start shivering and won't even open my mouth for the dentist to see *laughs* My mom had a hard time persuading me for the dentist to check my teeth.

After much bribes and much persuasion, I finally gave in. But there was once I threw a terrible tantrum, my mom had to bring me back because there are other patients and the dentist cannot 'layan' me for so long haha

So yes, after 10 years, I found out going to the dentist is not so scary after all *laughs* But of course, I don't intend to go to the dentist in the nearest future however un-painful or un-scary the experience may be =p

No comments:

Post a Comment