Dailies Freshlook Illuminate reveals your inner beauty through your eyes!
These lenses make your eyes look bigger, beautiful and totally natural looking. Created especially for Asian women, these lenses blend seamlessly with your eyes, darken and enlarge the iris for a naturally bigger, brighter look.
Freshlook Illuminate comes in 2 colours of Jet Black and Rich Brown.
I am currently using Rich Brown.
Diameter: 13.8mm(slightly bigger than natural iris)
Base curve: 8.6mm
Daily contacts; each pack comes with 10 contacts(5 pairs for 5 days)
Instructions were in the inner side of the box.
As you can see, it slightly enlarges the iris but not too extravagant like other coloured contacts. It has minimal enlarging effect. If you're looking for a natural coloured contacts to make your eyes look a bit bigger without people noticing you're wearing cosmetic contacts, this is the one you're looking for.
Left- with contacts. Right- Without
Dailies Freshlook Illuminate is the epitome of the Four Cs of Asian Eye Beauty: Centration, Comfort, Convenience and Colour
Centration- Freshlook Illuminate is created for better centred non slip lens. This is to maintain lens stability therefore providing stable vision and comfort. Now, you won't experience double vision or discomfort of the lens rotating in the eyes when blinking.
Comfort- Freshlook Illuminate contact lenses contain a unique AquaRelease moisturising agent that's gradually released throughout the day. So your eyes will feel and look fresh and beautiful all day without dryness problem.
Convenience- Dailies Freshlook Illuminate is a daily disposable wear. Thus, at the end of the day, the pair of contacts are discarded leaving no room for bacteria infection if not washed properly and less usage of contacts care solution needed. All you need to do daily is open the pack and put em' on!
Colour- Dailies Freshlook Illuminate comes in two colours of Rich Brown and Jet Black to suit Asian eyes. The contacts have a unique starburst pattern, which blend the coloured ring seamlessly into the iris, for eyes to look bigger, more distinctive and naturally beautiful. Its dual-layer printing technology matches the natural brown and black shades of Asian eyes perfectly. The manufacturing of the contact lenses use LightStream Lens Technology and locks the colour pigment inside the lens, so that it has no direct contact with the eyes.
So let me lay down the nitty gritty:
1. Does not dry up my eyes. It remained moisturised the entire day.
2. With the newest technology of AquaRelease and making lenses stable in the eyes with the centration effect, contacts felt so much more comfortable in the eyes. In fact, it felt like I wasn't wearing anything.
3. Natural and brighter looking- does not look fake. It also makes the iris more opaque and bold. Great for tired looking eyes to open up.
1. The contacts are very thin hence, it tore quite easily. After taking it off sometimes, I realised, I've torn the contacts and this rarely happened to me previously.
Must handle with extra care
2. The colour didn't really pop because brown on black didn't provide much effect and the diameter wasn't much bigger than the natural pupil size so the 'big eyes' effect wasn't prominent. However, it's a pro for those looking for a natural effect. But because I was only looking for the cosmetic effect as I'm wearing the ones with no power, I prefer a bigger diameter contacts.
3. It's quite hard to take out. I am not a first time contact lens user so I know how to wear my contacts and take it off easily. However, this time, it proved harder for me to 'pinch' my contacts out. I thought it was just me and that I forgot to use contacts after Lasik, but after reading other reviews, I found out I was not the only one having this problem. This is due to the centration effect causing the lens to be harder to remove as it stays at the centre of the eye.
All in all, if you're looking for a natural, brighter and bigger looking eyes, Alcon's Freshkon Illuminate is something you might want to try out! Priced at RM 36.80/ box of 10 contacts, you can buy it at any authorised opticians.