August 20, 2011

Maybelline Color Bloom lip balm

Maybelline has this colour changing lip balm which is quite unique.


It comes in two colous: Pink Blossom and Peach Blossom. I am using the Pink Blossom =)
Maybelline New York's newest lip balm is a breakthrough formula which transforms white balm colour to a pinkish tone which suits your lip colour.

It is packed with tone revealing pigments which reacts with our body chemistry to give our lips a healthy flush of colours!

It comes in a nice sweet pink packaging...



The balm is pure white in colour

I'm going to show three swatches of the balm:


The highest swatch is only one application. The middle, two application and the third three application. At first, you can only see sheer colour. But wait for at least 30 seconds to a minute to see the magical transformation =))

And then:

It'll transform to a darker pink. 

TA-DAH!!

After three application, you can see a significant pink colour on my lips. But actually it's a try and error kind of thing. Because you cannot really see what shade it'll transform into, so it's best to apply one application first and wait and if it's too light, add more.

I was fooled the first time I tried it. When I applied, I saw there was not much colour so I glided on a few more times. After a minute, I saw that it ended up turning into super red lips. I didn't like it. After trying an error, I found two application is more than enough for me.

Pros:
-It has SPF 16 so lips are guarenteed protected =)
-It has jojoba oil and many other properties which makes lips smooth and soft the whole day.
-It's fun to play with! =p
-The best thing I found out is that it's super long lasting!!! I applied it from morning 8.15am and it lasted till 9pm!!!! This is even after eating two meals! No kidding! This is the most long lasting lip product I have ever found and trust me I have been using lip glosses, lipsticks and lip balms for very long and most can't even last till lunch time XD

Cons:
-Due to its long lasting feature, it is quite hard to remove. I found out, even after applying make-up remover there is still some residue. I fear it may have some permanent residue after using this lipbalm XD
-After application, you have to wait awhile to see the results. It's not immediate.

Overall, I think this product is not bad. I'm still wondering how that white lip balm can change into a super pink colour *laughs* It's magic hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment