December 31, 2021

New Year 2022

 2021 was let's just say, life changing! For everything that happened from the start of the year to the end of the year, it was a complete 180 degrees of adventure- way different from year 2021 haha. In the closing post of year 2020, I mentioned that I wanted to travel overseas. Well, I guess that dream came true *laughs*

Half of the year 2021 was spent half quarantining at home- because we could still go to work but just couldn't go out for entertainment due to Covid. So we were in and out of MCO because the government kept tightening and loosening the rules. I spent my birthday celebrating turning 30 at home as well.

On top of that, the scariest thing happened when my husband contracted Covid and was the most sick of his entire life. Plus, I couldn't even go near him and it totally messed up my household for the entire month. Thank God, he is fully recovered and kicking well.

And before that, I got so sick from the Covid vaccine. I was also the most sick ever after the jab. I popped close to 12 panadols in a span of 2 days. In that month when I was sick and my husband got Covid, just the both of us popped close to 50 panadols due to fever. Gosh, panadol company earned a lot from us that month LOL (well, now can laugh, but really the suffering was crazy)

We still managed to sneak in a few staycations. When the rules were relaxed a bit, we went for a short staycation at Shangri-la, KL and totally enjoyed a short stay from all the quaranti-ning at home haha. After that, we went to Villa Samadhi, KL when the borders re-opened after the Nth MCO. Finally, we managed to squeeze in some time to One & Only Desaru Coast right before we flew to Hong Kong.

I also honed a lot of my cooking skills during MCO. I probably cooked and baked the most in the last 2 years! Staying at home made me more house wife-y >.< I never knew I had it in me that I could actually cook on a daily basis LOL

On top of cooking, towards the end of the year when I had many farewells before leaving, I had so much good food as well! Luckily, I had incorporated some exercise routine into my life otherwise I would have put on so much weight this entire year. 

And then of course, we migrated to Hong Kong with my first ever time in business class and spent 21 days quarantine in a hotel. Yup, as I said, this year was life changing. Never in a million years, I thought we would actually migrate especially during Covid what more spending 21 days quarantine in a hotel LOL

I'm very grateful and blessed to be where I am today. I would not want to change a thing about my year in 2021. Everything happens for a reason and it has brought us to where we are today. 2021 came wrapped with full of surprises and I'm grateful to live through it all. 

2022 will be another year full of surprises. A new year living in a different country, different culture, different environment and without our families and not knowing when we would be able to go back to Malaysia to visit. Yup, going into the unknown is scary but adventurous. Well, I like to YOLO so 2022, bring it on! To new, joyful memories in the coming year <3

Here's hoping each and everyone of us will have a new hope in the coming new year and towards better beginnings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment