July 7, 2011

Gel polish

I did my manicure again =) This time it's different because I did the gel polish. It's getting quite trendy now to apply the gel polish.  Gel polish is different from the normal nail polish you use daily.

The gelish, as it is called, is 3-in-1 meaning you don't need to put a base, colour and top coat. The gelish need only two application and you're done. However, the process is quite long XD

For one coat on one nail, that nail has to go under the UV light for around 1 minute for it to dry. Then only you can apply on another nail and repeat the process...I know, it's quite ma-fan right? hehe

But the gel polish last longer than the normal ones. It claims to last for 3 weeks straight without chipping off! That's the power of the gel polish =))


SHINING PURPLE!

There are some pros and cons about the gelish:

Pros:
- It dries up very fast so you can practically do anything after putting the polish without fearing it will be smudged
- It's very shiny- even shinier than the normal polish with a top transparent coat
- It looks nicer than the ordinary polish coz my nails attracted attention eventhough it's only one colour. Normally, only when I do nail art, people will start noticing XD
The gelish has definitely better and smoother finish =)
- Finally, the real advantage is it's longevity. This is how many nails look like after one week:


This picture is taken a week after! No kidding. It's like newly painted, right similar to the above picture? Still shiny and no chipping at the edges..

Cons:
- Since it can last quite long, it won't look nice for more than 2 weeks. This is because your nail will grow out and there will be parts which are not coloured
- The process is quite of a hassle
- It's more expensive than the ordinary polish
- If the gelish touches your skin, you must wipe it off immediately or else it'll be hard to wash it off.
- You cannot really do the gelish yourself because you'll need a UV light LOL
- You cannot remove it with a normal nail polish remover as well. You'll need a stronger solution such as acetone. But my manicurist told me, to remove it, you must soak the cotton wool in the remover, put on the nail and wrap with aluminium foil and wait for a few minutes so that the acetone will soak the gel off -.-

Yeah, it's very much a hassle right? So I suggest just go back to the shop and ask them to remove it for you.

However, I found another way by accident. I was playing with it and then started peeling it off and the whole thing just came out haha like below:





My first time doing the gelish. I may not do it again simply because I'm the kind of girl who loves changing nail colours every other week so it doesn't appeal to me to have one colour for so long XD
Besides, I cannot D-I-Y =(

However, if you want a test try, I'll say go for it! You will like the smooth and shiny finish!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha X). This explains the odd finger out that i saw that day :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah hehehe...itchy hand thats why =p

    ReplyDelete