September 3, 2011

It's all about the money!

These days, youngsters spend money like flowing water(yours truly included) because everything's about the money! If you want to experience something, you pay money for it. If you want to de-stress yourself with retail therapy or spa or mani/pedi, you pay for it. If you need a getaway vacation, you still have to pay money for it!


You know the saying: Everything is not always about the money? I totally disagree. I so very agree with the quote: No money, no talk.



I'm in my summer holiday break and I'm spending like nobody's business. Not only me, my friends are too. Even when they say, sales! sales! sales! and everything is soo cheap but in actual fact, you're spending more because you're buying more! Just take a good look in shopping malls, people are buying in bags after bags!

Okay, I found some ways to curb spending. I found out about this through my experience *laughs*

-Go outdoorsy activities which does not incur entrance fee/equipment fee/deposit fee and what not. For example: hiking! It's totally free and not only that, you get to feel the freshness of the air and exercise!!

-When you attend too many of such outdoor activities, you'll be tired and exhausted and so you'll need a break to sleep at home. Hence, sleeping at home equals no spending money!! =p

-Be more internet addicted. With wi-fi at home, you can surf the net the whole day unlimited! You're still paying the same every month, so make full use of it! Play games, start a blog, facebook, twitter, youtube or whatever! As long as it gets you to stay at home, surf all you want!

-If you're spending too much on your phone bill, use MSN, Skype and FB chat more frequent!

-Get a job. You'll spend less. When it's your very own money, you'll tend to think twice.

Above all, it's quite useless for me. I've done everything above and yet when I get restless, there goes my money -.- I'm really trying point number 3 here by writing some useless post *laughs*

Do you have any other ways to curb spending?

No comments:

Post a Comment