June 11, 2013

Lanvin Me Fragrance!

French most famous fashion house Lanvin(pronounced as Lan-van) has just launched a new perfume, very aptly titled Lanvin Me!





I finally found the elegance of being... myself!

“Let me vibrate, catch fire, love, captivate, become the woman I really am –a slipstream of energy that not many can follow, but one who also dreams of tranquil pleasures. Open Sesame and show me the way to being reborn to others, to think newly of myself, to affirm my difference, to admit that I love everything very much and even more…"

But where is the magic formula hidden?



In the Lanvin Blue box in front of my eyes? 
With a subtle gesture, surrender to sweet temptation.
Hold it in my hands like an offering, this mystery-filled box in the colours of a Fra Angelico fresco, colours that bring to mind so many fashion shows, shopping trips, couture favourites.


Observe the fine gold tie embossed around the delicate box, an Ariadne’s thread linking the surpriser and surprisee, intimately tying me to Alber Elbaz(the creator) through the magic of mystery. 
Then see the name written with vivacity, two letters speaking to me, calling me; they are mine, I am theirs.


Wait no longer. Go into action with feverish delight and pull the bottle from its hedonistic gift wrap signed by Lanvin. 


A form of glass, direct and powerful, feminine and filled with personality. The bottle works its intoxicating magic. I smile because Alber knows who I am and understands what I want. 


 A restrained and massive black cap contrasting with the lusciously thick bottle, made feminine, made fashion with the sparkle of a shining gemstone.


A fashion message, a precious decanter, a jewel.




Finally, uncap the promise of fragrance.




Is this who I am? Whimsical and bold, yet fragile? Has Alber dedicated this fragrance to me? The creator I love, the couturier whose baroque jewels, fertile imagination and talent combine to make me more desirable than ever? The truth is that we are both this exceptional perfume. But I interpret it in another way, as Alber’s most personalized creation –a present, a gift, an ode that he has designed for me alone. With his passion, his discretion, his flights of imagination, his appreciation of all things delicious.




Conveying the secret wish to tie our souls and senses together with a drop of essence, with the caress of fragrance. But in the end, who am I –this eau de parfum so patiently invented by Lanvin and Alber Elbaz for me? A sensual, independent, carnal, desirable, wild and assertive woman. Determined and loving with a touch of self-centeredness, too…




The fragrance picks up its delicious floral references with vivacity and spirit. The major harmony of licorice root and blueberry is complimented with fruity top notes, passionate middle notes (tuberose in particular) and intriguing base notes that include the fascinating licorice root.




This is a licorice-heavy fragrance, which has a warm woody base, The floral notes are done here with a heavier hand which arguably caters for the more sophisticated. Still, if you like most or all of the elements, and you don’t mind sweet, Lanvin Me is definitely worth a shot. I personally think it would be suitable for a night fragrance seeing how sweet, strong and long lasting the fragrance is. You could definitely make heads turn when you walk by with three spritz!

Bewitching, sensual, and high-fashion, ME is simultaneously elegant, Parisian and stylish. It is both a birth and an affirmation. The affirmation, in the eyes of Alber Elbaz, that with ME, you are the Lanvin woman, we are the Lanvin woman. And we can be sensual, unique, unpretentious, spontaneous, elegant and sophisticated!




Own ME now at 
EDP 80ml(above) RM339(West Malaysia)  RM355(East Malaysia)
              EDP 50ml RM263(West Malaysia)  RM276(East Malaysia)






This is a special collaboration with The Lilac Box and Luxasia as part of the Lilac Box bloggers initiative. The Lilac Box is the only premium brand beauty box in Malaysia. They deliver boxes to your doorstep with a selection of specially curated beauty and cosmetic products from premium and luxury brands. Thank you Lilac Box for having me to be a part of this Lanvin Me collaboration. Happened to be another fantastic birthday gift for me =))

No comments:

Post a Comment