May 30, 2012

Blincon B Colour Toric lens in Green

There are very few brands out there that sell toric lenses in colour. Toric lenses are for those with astigmatism. I do have a bit of astigmatism so toric lenses are best for me.

Blincon is one of the brands that sell coloured toric lenses. It's called B Colour Toric Lens. 


There are only 5 colours available. I guess it's not very popular for those with astigmatism to wear coloured contacts so there are limited choices for colours.


I decided on the green one. I like colours that are obvious and since I already had a blue one, I chose the green. 


Green contacts

Comparison pictures below:


No contacts.

Green contacts without flash.

Green contacts with flash.

I must say although it is green in colour, it's actually very natural looking. The picture without flash cannot really see the green as well. The colour is not as obvious as I thought it would be. However, it does look quite nice in the eyes. It's like bejeweled eyes =))


Love my green eyes!



Comfort wise, it is comfortable. No irritation whatsoever even in air conditioned room. I thought perhaps toric lenses is thicker and would make the eyes irritated but I found it to be as comfortable as my normal lenses.

Toric lenses are way more expensive than normal lenses. So coloured ones are quite pricey in the market. Hence, it's actually not very worth it to buy coloured toric lenses especially if the colour is not very obvious anyway.

This B Colour Toric Lens can last up to three months. I have never worn contact lenses that can last more than one month so this is my first time. I'm quite doubtful about the hygiene, though. Extra care must be taken to sanitize the contacts.

But if you would love to try it out, then by all means go for it. Toric lenses wearer almost never have a chance to wear cosmetic contacts but with B Toric, those with astig can now enjoy coloured contacts as well with a much reasonable price than other brands.

Above right, clear contacts, left in blue contacts, below in green. Which is better?

5 comments:

  1. Hi where do you buy the contact lens? And how much do they cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai, you can check out those optometrist shops. It's around RM100+ for 3 months disposable lens for Blincon B Colour Toric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, does this have bigger eye effect? I am hesitating because the other version of toric lens is much more expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi yes it has a bit of a big eye effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing! Thanks!
    Colored Contacts for Astigmatism

    ReplyDelete