October 10, 2012

Statement necklaces

I know some people are huge fans of statement necklaces like these...



Celebrities are infamous for wearing all these huge chunks of jewelleries around their necks which can cost up to millions sometimes...

Statement necklaces are there to well, make a statement. It cries for attention! You would be blind not to notice it!!


Eva Mendes


Michelle Obama

Michelle Yeoh

Amy Adams


Unfortunately, I for one, am not into statement necklaces. I feel it's too chunky and just too heavy around the neck. I love simple pendants and small necklaces. I feel accessories shouldn't in any way overpower you, instead it should just complement the dressing.

Some of my necklaces are simple and not OTT:


Plain dolphin necklace


Small pink pendant


Heart shaped pendant


Bear shaped one =)


The biggest pendant I have is the above which was a gift and even that I rarely wear coz it's a bit too big for me *laughs*


So, yes I'm quite simple when it comes to accessories. Even my bracelets are small and light. However, if you want to make a fashion statement, by all means go ahead!

As seen below on Sophia Bush, her statement necklace made a good accessory for a rather plain outfit.



When accessorizing, always remember Coco Chanel's famous quote, 'Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory'

Have fun mixing and matching, people!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment