October 7, 2010

Gymnastics

It seems like Australians are bagging a lot of gold medals from the Commonwealth! Especially in the ladies gymnastics games...But they really do deserve all these gold medals. They were superbly good!! I stayed up till 1.30am just to see these girls in action =p I really do love gymnastics!! How I wish I've learned it when I was young. I want to be able to 'fly' too doing somersaults, flips and twists...

                                                                 Fantastic Australians!

They were too good. They were so graceful while doing all those stunts so much so they were like swans *smiles* I especially like to see when gymnasts are on the beam:


coz it's so nerve-wrecking. Imagine this: These girls somersault, jump, twist and turn on that small beam! Seriously, for me to just walk on that beam would be a hurdle what more jump and and 'fly' on it LOL Some do fall unfortunately but you really can't blame them...It's so freaking small!! How to balance? Besides, nerves are kicking in when you're being judged.

However, I must say kudos to those Australians. Not even one fell. They were perfect on it! I can't say the same for our Malaysians though. One fell at all stunts probably because she was very nervous and lost balance but we didn't do too bad. In the team event, we got fourth place.

The girl to look out for is Lauren Mitchell, the team captain of Australia:







She was just perfect in carrying out all her routines! I really liked her. She made gymnastics seem so easy. She won a gold from the team event and another for the individual event. She deserved it.

Now I want to see synchronized swimming. I just love all these gymnastics- related games. They perform such beautiful art!

No comments:

Post a Comment