October 8, 2010

One Tree Hill opening credits



One Tree Hill is in season 8 now *smiles widely* This is my favourite guilty pleasure of all time!! Word has it that this may be the last season but we'll see about that. Since season 1 to season 4, OTH had its opening credits  'I don't want to be' sung by Gavin DeGraw. However, from season 5 to season 7 the producers decided to axe it out.  Now that Season 8 just came back from hiatus, they decided to bring back the opening credits but with a twist. Each episode will have a different rendition of 'I don't want to be' by different artists. So, after 4 episodes I have heard different renditions of the theme song. I thought it was pretty cool. It's something different =)

Youtube has disabled the embed code due to copyright I suppose, therefore I can only give the link to the video.


The original opening credits by Gavin DeGraw may be seen HERE

In the second episode, the opening credits was done by Kate Voegele. See it HERE
Kate is a guest star on and off in OTH. She's playing a musician 'Mia' and Kate has sang many songs for OTH in the past.



The third episode, Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy sang the theme song. See it HERE The song is quite catchy and dancy!
FOB has been quite an influence in OTH. They had an appearance before in the past seasons and Pete Wentz(bassist) also acted in a few episodes previously.

                                                                      Patrick Stump

Susie Suh sang the opening for the fourth episode. Check it out HERE
She's a Korean who was born in Los Angeles. I don't know who is she but her voice is very nice! My favourite rendition so far!!

                                                                           Susie Suh
 

There are many more episodes to come. I can't wait to hear many other renditions of the theme song. It's interesting to hear different artists with the same song mixing and singing it differently =)

No comments:

Post a Comment