June 21, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

There are so many versions of the Snow White fairytale that sometimes I forget the original version LOL
But the original version is 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. Now, this movie is Snow White and the Hunstman instead. Another movie that just came out is Mirror Mirror, which I gave a bad review.



This movie, unfortunately was not very good either. I don't know why, both these movies spoilt the fairytale for me XD Firstly, Kristen Stewart was bad as Snow White. She has no expression and Snow White was supposed to be the 'fairest of them all', right? But Kristen just does not suit this character. She's more of a Xena, the warrior princess kind.

She doesn't talk much and has that constipated face, where I think suits as Bella Swan in Twilight but not here, probably not in any other movie than Twilight. She should change her expression. Also, the movie was quite slow and it's a 2 hour movie. I cannot say how many times I've yawned in the cinema -.-



Charlize Theron, on the other hand, was perfect as the evil queen. Her acting was just fantastic! She's sooo beautiful, almost flawless!! When her character was first introduced, I swore she should have been Snow White instead *laughs*


But of course, she is evil and she can be so ugly and fierce at the same time. That's the beauty of this character and Charlize carried it perfectly well!

This movie is better than Mirror Mirror but still not as good as it was hyped up to be. I wanted more and the ending definitely did not help either for a good rating.

So I will only give 2 stars. Watch it at your own risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment