January 4, 2011

A Cut Above Academy


I'm sure many of you have heard about A Cut Above saloons; the renowned saloon founded by Winnie Loo. Then A Cut Above Academy was established to train young aspiring stylists.


The A Cut Above Academy in Sunway Pyramid does not only teach students but they welcome customers as well for the students to learn on 'real people'. Thus, the services offered are much much cheaper than the A Cut Above saloons.

So, I decided to do my annual hair treatment in the Academy. After all, it's much cheaper and even cheaper than any 'house' saloons you go to! and services provided are good so might as well give the students some practice =p

Besides, I'm not letting them cut my hair, just going there for treatment only so no harm actually! When I went in, there were actually quite many customers there! Some even let the students cut their hair! I saw this woman's hair getting shorter and shorter by the minute LOL coz the student kept cutting it wrongly and the teacher kept asking him to cut a certain style haha

But anyway, the girl who did my hair was very good. She washed my hair, treated it, washed again and blow dry it straight. She was quite slow but it was good. My hair turned out very nice eventually =)

I do recommend going to the academy for colouring, highlight, perm and treatment. Not only it offers cheaper services but they're quite good. Not too worry much as well since the teacher will be there guiding the students. If you want, you may take the risk of them cutting your hair. I'm sure it'll be fine since there's guidance.

Wash and blow is only RM8, highlight and perm are both Rm45 each and treatment is RM55. The prices are cheap for a renowned name! Make an appointment first!

No comments:

Post a Comment