January 30, 2011

Sports!

What a day it has been in the sporting world...Or rather two days!

Well, let's start from yesterday...
Li Na from China made it to the finals in the Australian Open 2011. If she had won, she would be the first Asian to ever win a Grand Slam.


Unfortunately, she lost to Kim Clijsters. She won the first set 6-3 but lost consequently 3-6, 3-6 XD Anyway, she did her best!


Clijsters was of course the better player. When she won, she was so happy she cried! Li Na, on the other hand, was a good sport and I find her interviews hilarious, joking about her husband!

Moving on, yesterday Japan beat Australia in the AFC Asian Cup 2011. They scored during the crucial extra time. That's what I don't like...They have been playing for a good 90 minutes only to score a goal during extra time?? Geez...My father watched until he went to sleep LOL

The Most Valuable Player(MVP) award went to Honda, my favourite player =)) He deserved it as he played really well during the whole tournament.


Well, today, big dissapointment for Malaysia as Lee Chong Wei lost yet again to Lin Dan. He could beat anyone else except Lin Dan! *sobs*


Lee Chong Wei lost the first and rubber set 21-19, 14-21, 21-16
He was actually quite good with a variety of moves but Lin Dan proved to be better =(
Anyhow, Chong Wei still managed to win a good US$45,000 prize money.

Finally, in the the men's singles finals for the Autralian Open, Novak Djokovic won against Andy Murray. I didn't really see the match as I was concentrating on the badminton but I did see the prize giving.


Andy Murray was so sad =( Even when Djokovic acknowledged him, he didn't even smile! During the photo session, he took a few photos with the winner then quickly went away. I guess it really meant a lot for him to win but he didn't =( Also probably due to him losing straight sets!

That's all the results I could offer so far haha...I'm only interested in these few games *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment