March 31, 2011

Cleo's Next Top Blogger 2011!!

OMG!! I'm so excited. I was chosen to be one of the five finalists of Cleo's Next Top Blogger!! For more details, see HERE


I didn't think I would stand a chance of being a finalist let alone getting a call from Cleo and going for a photoshoot *jumps with joy*

Okay, so here the story goes...
Back in February, I found the ad in Cleo about this contest and decided since I'm already a blogger, why not join. After all, there's no harm to it; just write based on the topic given and submit it.

The submission closed on 4th March. It was actually running for a month. Then on 7th March(Monday) I got a call from Cleo saying that I'm in the 'running' to be one of the five finalists. It was not finalised yet. She asked a few questions and then told me if I was selected I will be receiving an e-mail most probably late that evening or the next morning. If I don't, I was not chosen.

Late that evening, I did not receive any e-mail from Cleo so I thought, okay I guess I was not chosen. Kinda disappointed actually. But the next morning, I finally received the e-mail!! *smiles*

It says: 'Hi there, Congratulations! You’ve been selected as one of the five finalists of the CLEO’s Next Top Blogger contest'  =)))

The photoshoot was the very next day and I was excited. This was my first photoshoot after all =))) I was surprised, overjoyed, nervous, all kinds of feelings in one *laughs*

I really want to thank Cleo for giving me this opportunity! Now that I'm one of the five finalists, we'll be given a topic every month till June and people will have to vote for our writings. The one with the least votes, will be eliminated. I hope I will not be the first one eliminated XD

So, PLEASE VOTE for ME!!! Go to http://www.askcleo.com/ register yourself there and when it's time to vote, I will direct you to the page. To vote, you need to give a thumbs up in the comment. But wait for my cue ya!!! I want to thank all of you in advance *muacks*

Stay tuned for what happened behind the scenes of the photoshoot....
To be continued...

4 comments: