June 30, 2010

Finally back from the stone age!

Literally, I’m back from the stone age. The reason for the absence of me blogging is due to the fact of some streamyx technical problem I had for the past 2 weeks. To date I did not have access to the internet for 13 days. I tell you it’s torturing! No telephone line, no streamyx, nothing!! I don’t know how I survived. Luckily, there’s 3G in my phone which kept me at least up to date in facebook! But it’s quite expensive to surf using the phone. Now I know how much I actually NEED the internet. It was so frustrating without it. I didn’t know what to do. I would normally surf the net during the night and for the past weeks I just dazed into space on the bed doing nothing LOL.

I was lazy to go to the cyber café or a nearby shop with wifi because I want long hours with the internet to watch my TV shows and download songs. I can’t be sitting in the shop the whole time watching my show or youtubing…

But anyway, I’m back! I’m so happy to have my internet connection now! I could do all the things I wanted to do for the past weeks. Meanwhile, there’s world cup to keep me occupied. I’m devastated that England could not make it past second round =( They were thrashed 4-1 by Germany. Boo!! Lampard’s denied goal, bad refereeing, poor performances by the team and Germany’s great playing all contributed to England’s loss. At least no one was the scapegoat from the team to be blamed. This time it’s the referee’s and the linesman's bad decisions to be blamed. But also there are two sides to it. Germany could have won it anyway even if the goal was counted because they were the better team. On the other hand, it can be said the denied goal has dampened England’s team spirit and it was hard for them to comeback. Anyhow, what’s done is done. You cannot turn back time. Because of this game, FIFA’s president Sepp Blatter has looked into a possible introduction for instant replay for goal line situation. This is to avoid future mistakes. We’ll see whether it’ll be implemented.

On the brighter side, Spain entered the quarter finals by beating Portugal by a mere 1-0. I watched it early today morning with my dad. It was initially very boring because no one scored in the first half. I was already very sleepy and the game made me even sleepier LOL. Besides, Portugal played rather terribly. Spain had almost ¾ ball possession the whole time but David Villa only managed to score once. But I’m glad that Spain entered =)

I can't wait for all the quarter finals matches. It'll be interesting!! Now, I NEED to go download my shows and songs =p

No comments:

Post a Comment