June 30, 2010

Say CUTE!!

What have I been up to lately? Pictures say a thousand words so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...











Yeap you must have guessed it right, I'm working in a kindie =)) The kids are absolutely adorable and the fact that I love kids very much, it's such a fulfilling job for part-time. These are my darlings...They are like cute little elfs to play with =) When they smile, it'll melt your heart and when they call you to carry them, you just cannot resist =p Though I don't think I can ever be a kindergarten teacher full time because I just cannot be 'bad cop'. Kids easily get distracted and are very playful and sometimes you need to scold them so that they will listen but I'm a softie for children.

Luckily, I'm just an assistant teacher and I can play good cop hehe...All the scolding and stuffs is handled by the full time teacher there =p

These kids are pretty pampered because most of them are rich. Mind you, the parents pay hundreds per month for the fees. On top of that, there's the + + for graduation pictures, camp session, charity carnivals and so on. These days, kids are so lucky! When I was in tadika, it only had a miserable see saw and merry go-round. Now, kindies have gym and TV room, computer room and wait for it....swimming pool!! Freaking swimming pool!! LOL I was shocked when i saw it.

Parents nowadays spend a bomb for their children's education to have the best. They are not even in primary school and they are already paying so much for their child. Of course as the saying goes in singapore, all parents are kiasu. If your neighbour child is going to a renowned kindie, would you want to send yours to an unknown tadika?

But does the syllabus even differ? Back when I was in an unknown tadika, I studied the same thing as the children are studying now. I mean you can't go far from ABC right? Although they have better facilites now because of technology. Children use computers nowadays. Previously, using computer is a huge no-no for kids as afraid that the child will spoil it.

Although I must say kids' songs have changed. When I went into the four-year-old class, I asked them what songs do they know how to sing. I named twinkle twinkle little star because all kids should know that basic song, right? You couldn't have guessed what they said. They told me instead, "Teacher, we know how to sing Sorry, Sorry" You know that Super Junior Korean song!!! I was speechless. Then they started singing that together with the dance from the MV. My goodness, I got a shock! These days kids do not sing Twinkle Twinkle or rather Ba Ba Black Sheep or see cartoons like Ultraman or Powerpuff girls. They watch Iron Man, Transformers and those Disney animations like Toy Story.

I just realised I'm getting old =p I'm so outdated. Kids are not like how we used to be. They are so modern with advanced technologies and parents who are willing to pay for good education and facilities. But kids are still kids when they come to crying, fighting for toys and being noisy and distracted.

Oh well, I feel like a kid all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment