June 10, 2010

Teenage pregnancies

Some 14 million children worldwide are born every year to young married and unmarried women aged 15 to 19. This is sad because teenagers are supposed to be free, happy people just worrying about crushes, exams, their looks and not about their child and whether or not they have enough money to support their family and grown up stuffs...


There is this one touching story that I came across in the internet: 
 
I was going out with a boy for a few months,we knew each other for years.....and when I found out I was pregnant I was devastated I didnt know what to do. I told my closest friend and she said she'll be there for me. I didnt tell my family till I was 4 months. When I finally plucked up the courage to tell the father of my baby, he went mad and said to me to get rid of it or hell never talk to me again....I was so upset thinking to myself I was going to be alone......then I told my mum and she was so dissapointed but she said she will do her best to help me and my baby....it took me a while to get used to it as I so wanted to do my gcses and get a job but I knew I wanted my baby to have the best...every time I went for a scan my heart would warm up knowing something I made was inside me and I needed to be strong.....then on the 14.3.10 at 11pm my darling daughter Georgia was born and I've never been so happy...now I'm home schooled and its working fine......the father of my child still doesnt want to know but to me as long as my daughter has me and my family she'll be ok...I lost alot of friends but I gained a star I will have forever.

charley-charlotte, 15

That girl is only 15! So you see, this is one of the many stories that happened to many teenage girls around the world. Yes, she may be happy because of her cute adorable daughter that light up her life. However, it's sad that the father of the child was not responsible enough to care for the baby. Luckily, she has her mom, though dissapointed stucked with her.

I cannot imagine putting my family through this kind of hardship and dissapointment and also embarassment because of me not being responsible to have pre-marital sex. What would society think of you? What would your relatives think of you? The story above; Charley lost many friends! What would your friends think of you?

Remember this guy?





Alfie Patten, baby- faced boy, father at 13. He's 13 and he already had sex? When I was 13, I was being excited of the first time entering high school and meeting new friends and learning new subjects!!

It was proven later with a DNA test that Alfie's not really the father and it was another 14 year old guy, Tyler who is the father. But Alfie proudly told the world that he would care for his newborn girl but was left "extremely distressed" when he learned she wasn't his.

Being a father at 13 is a huge responsibility! He's not even close to being legal. What does he know about changing diapers when he is a kid himself? Does he know the baby would cost him a lot more than his allowances he get everyday? But, oh well I guess he's taking responsibility for what he did.

Also, remember her?

Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney Spears 16-year-old baby sister got pregnant with boyfriend Casey Aldridge in December 2007. It was confirmed later that she and the baby daddy have called it quits. So she's a single mom now at 19. Well, she wasn't as famous as Britney but after the news broke out by OK! Magazine, she's now famous for being the teenage pregnant actress! Sad, she had a potential of really doing well as an actress because of her hit TV show Zoey 101 in the US but she's taking a break to care for her baby.

Well, so to say pre-marital sex have the danger of unwanted teenage pregnancies. The numbers are getting higher each year. And the age of girls getting pregnant are getting lower! These people are so young to even know what sex is! There must be more education for the awareness of teenage pregnancies. If not, young people are destroying their future...

No comments:

Post a Comment