September 12, 2010

Acronyms



We, teenagers use a lot of acronyms these days so much so we're so used to it, we even use it without noticing in official use like in exams or typing out formal letters to companies.

Let me just lay out a few:

LOL.................Laugh out loud- the most commonly used and my FAVE =p
LMAO.............Laughing my ass out
ROFL...............Rolling on the floor laughing

Why are there so many 'laughing' acronyms??

BTW................By the way
OTW................On the way(I didn't know this until today coz I never used it*laughs*)
TTYL................Talk to you later

Then, the more vulgar ones...

WTF.................What the F!
STFU................Shut the F up!
FML..................F my life!
FTW..................F the world! or sometimes For The Win!

Okay I rarely use the last two especially the last one coz I don't know how to use it haha So let me write a sentence and see whether I use it right; My neighbours suck! They are inconsiderate and such snobbish a-holes rich people. FML!!!! (For REAL) I showed them the middle finger and called them idiots so LOUD that the whole neighbourhood could hear- FTW(the un-vulgar version) Okay, second sentence wasn't true *laughs* but it'll be true if they get on my nerves one more time.

So, I think I constructed it right, no? I think I know how to use it already haha...I learned acronyms when I started using ICQ chat back in the days. Everyone was LOL-ing, typing, brb, gtg, btw and sort of. I was actually new to it and I was confused about what they were talking about. And the most famous one would be: asl? Unknown people would come and ask asl? I was like 'what the hell is asl?' Only then I found out from a friend that it's age, sex, location? Weird huh people would come asking that....

But anyway, these days acronyms are in our everyday use. Sometimes my mom cannot understand what some acronyms mean especially those smileys I text to her in sms-es *laughs* then I'll have to explain to her XD I'm not surprised if we get older there are many more acronyms to be created and soon we'll be texting something like that: HRU? MIS U LYKE C!!!! CYAS?? MSG ME. KTHXB....

Get it??? No?? Haha
Putting it in full words: How are you? Miss you like crazy!! See you soon? Message me. Okay. Thanks. Bye!

Short and sweet huh for someone you haven't seen for quite long to set a date to meet each other =p

No comments:

Post a Comment