September 20, 2010

Binge Eating Disorder




I read an article about Binge Eating Disorder(BED) just recently and I think I have a mild BED *laughs*
Symptoms include:

-Periodically does not exercise control over consumption of food
-Eats until physically uncomfortable and nauseated due to the amount of food just consumed
-Eats large amounts of food even when not really hungry
-Rapid weight gain
-Feeling extremely distressed or upset during or after bingeing
-No regular attempts to “make up” for the binges through vomiting, fasting, or over-exercising.


Yeap, I certainly have mild symptoms of this condition. But only MILD. So, no worries I guess LOL Just that I need to start controlling on my food intake.


Binge Eating Disorder is characterized by compulsive overeating in which people consume huge amounts of food while feeling out of control and powerless to stop. Binge eaters often eat even when they’re not hungry and continue eating long after they’re full. They may also gorge themselves as fast as they can while barely registering what they’re eating or tasting.


It's not unusual to overeat from time to time-most people do. But binge eating is different. People with BED consume large amount of food on a regular basis. BED does not only affect obese people but people with normal weight too. People with this problem don't want to be overweight. They wish they could be trim and control their weight but it's the disorder that stops them from doing so. 


BED can be cured if you seek help from a psychiatrist, psychologist or a nutritionist. Okay, as I said I only have MILD BED...I seriously need to watch my diet from now on so that it doesn't get worst!!

No comments:

Post a Comment