July 29, 2010

August

Wow, time do fly by FAST! Before you know it it's more than the second half of the year. In three days time, it will be August...



I felt the first half of this year kinda went by like a breeze. Then after exams, it went by like a gust of wind =p To date, I have around 1 month plus before my second year in college. I thought I just finished exams like a few weeks back? Haha...time do go by fast without me realising it. I need more hols!!

So, the month of August has no holiday except on the 27th which is Nuzul Al-Quran and at the end of the month, 31st August which is Malaysian Independence Day. It will be Malaysia's 53rd year of independence. So, all schools, any public departments, certain houses and cars will carry the Malaysian flags, having the 1Malaysia logos and all sorts of patriotic stuffs to mark the month of patriotism or 'bulan patriotik'.




It will also be a month of fasting for the Malays. The 'buka puasa' bazaar will be almost everywhere. It will be so crowded of people. Malaysians of all races will want to try the Malay food offered in those bazaars. Then, the jam will worsened because all will be rushing back in time to break fast.



So, the month of August is definitely a month for tourists I guess. This is because if they want to see the Malaysian culture or witness our celebration of independence day, this is the month to visit. Many restaurants and hotels will have the 'buka puasa' promotions, raya sales and then there's the decorations in shopping complexes to give the feel of Malaysian culture.

I'm lucky that my intake is in September so that I do not have to join in the jam and the havoc of those celebrations. I can comfortably avoid all crowded places which I really dislike. Even previous times in school, we have to sing the patriotic songs over and over again, I need not do it now. I'm not particularly excited over these celebrations LOL but since I'm Malaysian, we do this every year.

I hope August go by a bit slow so that I do not need to start studying so fast *laughs* It's also my last month in the kindie and I'm already thinking that I'm gona miss my kids so much =p
Here's to another cheerful month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment