July 22, 2010

Botox

There's much criticisms surrounding the Filipino-borned singer Charice for getting Botox. She did it so that she could look better in the camera for her upcoming act in Glee!


I don't detest Botox but neither am I a fan of it. However, I think it's the most minor 'surgery' one can do to your body rather than major plastic surgery. I also think Charice is too young for Botox, no? Seriously, she's only 18 and doing Botox??!

People do Botox when they get wrinkles around their eyes or they have frown lines when they reach 40 or so...She did it so that she could look 'fresh' on camera LOL She's already a fresh face in the entertainment industry!

I do not despise her. In fact I'm addicted to her current hit, 'Pyramid' featuring Iyaz. She has a great voice and will probably go far in her career. Maybe Botox is a one off thing for her act in Glee. I think she should be comfortable in her own body, though because she's only 18 and if she starts getting very self-conscience she may not be able to stand the pressure of looking 'perfect' and may lead to her own downfall.

I don't think I will ever do Botox. The real reason is because I'm very afraid of needles and the thought of having a few injections on my FACE is a nightmare that I would have to pay so much for! I would not go through that kind of stress, I just can't!

Oh well, I'm saying that now. Maybe in the next 20 years when i see all those ugly lines around my face I may change my opinion on Botox. But definitely not getting into Botox for the coming 10 years!!

It was reported that Charice's showcase has been postponed. Sorry to those who already bought tickets. Many singers are growing this kind of habit of postponing their shows. It started with Rihanna, then Beyonce and now Charice. People spend a lot of money buying these tickets and fans would be hugely dissapointed. I hope this trend would not continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment