September 15, 2014

Effortless makeup

I don't normally put on heavy makeup unless it's a gala night where you want to look your best. I'm normally on a little sunblock, eyeliner, blusher and I'm good to go.

But today I would like to share my makeup tips for a night/glam look without going overboard. You wouldn't want to look like you've piled on plenty of foundation with too much colours on your face, no? That's the ultimate makeup no-no.

The trick to putting on makeup is to look like you've not put in much effort yet looking gorgeous! The word is effortless. Let your makeup look effortless. Of course, no one has to know that you need a lot of effort to put on this look *laughs*

I am no expert on makeup but I have been experimenting with makeup for over a decade to know a few tricks here and there.


My night look.


My inspirations?

Kate Bossworth. 
Kate looks effortlessly flawless all the time on the red carpet. With her porcelain skin, she doesn't need much makeup to look beautiful. Her makeup is mostly natural but of course it does take effort to pull this off.


Maggie Q.
Now, Maggie's features would match mine the best since she's Asian so she's definitely another inspiration.


If you can see, both Kate and Maggie kept everything else simple but enhanced their eyes' features. They used falsies with a little smokey look. I took them as inspiration because my best feature is my eyes as well. If you have pucker worthy lips, then by all means take maybe Scarlett Johansson or Angeline Jolie as inspirations.

Today, I would also be focusing on eye makeup for the night look. It's just a simple look which most girls out there would already know.


What I'll be using?

Clockwise:

1. Covo Cosmetics HD Picturesque Pressed Powder in Glow(It was a steal at RM20 when they had a promotion. NP: RM89)
4. In2it 2 way blusher
6. Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm
8. Clinique lip gloss
9. Maybelline Eyestudio Shadow Liner
10. Silkygirl Eyebrow pencil
11. Silkygirl Precision Liquid Eyeliner
13. Shu Uemura limited edition 24 carat gold plated eyelash curler


You don't need expensive products to create a look, just functional ones which suit your skin.


Firstly, prepped face with skincare and Covo Cosmetics Pressed Powder. I used this to act as a foundation as well. You can use BB cream, CC cream, or foundation for better coverage especially if you're going to dance all night and you need better coverage in case it melts. The most important is the shade of your foundation which should match closely to your skin. The last thing you want is to have your neck having a different colour from your face.


And then I played with the Sephora palette eyeshadow and Kate duo eyeshadow to create a shimmery look. I used the nude colour as base and topped it with shimmery pink and a little silver. I swiped the black at the bottom of the lids for a lil' smokey look.


And then I lined my eyes with the Silkygirl liquid eyeliner and added mascara on my lashes.


Before I put on my falsies, I used Lacelle's coloured contact lenses in Frozen Grey.




And finished it off with the KOJI falsies and lined a very vague line with my pencil liner at the bottom lid to create the wide eyed look ^^
This could have been a day look by itself.


But for a night look, add on eyebrow liner, blusher and a swipe of gloss for a complete glam look.
Since my focus was on my eyes, I kept the rest of the face simple in a light hue of pink. 


And now, you can party all night long hehe






And camwhore to your best ability LOL
  




That's all folks! Enjoy experimenting with makeup and create your very own night/glam effortless look =)) Putting on makeup should not be a chore but a joy instead. Try out different looks and surely you'll find your best look. I have been experimenting with makeup since 12 and never stop loving each time I doll myself up =)

No comments:

Post a Comment